Loon Outdoors

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Thanks to PNW Flyfishing and a generous gift card from the same, I ordered a Rogue Mitten Clamp made by loon outdoors. This past week I used the clamp repeatedly to clip tippet (25# Alaska tippet, eh) and to pry hooks from the jaws of many coho. One of the flies I was using was barbed (my bad) and hooked hard into the jaw of a fish. It took a lot of force to remove the hook. Afterwards the scissor funtion didn't work, somehow I'd sprung the clamp and in doing so damaged the scissor. I contacted loon outdoors and told them the scissors no longer cut tipped but that I abused the the clamp in removing a barbed hook from a fish. They honored their warranty and are shipping me a replacement clamp. I really didn't expect this treatment but it goes to show they are a reputable company.

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
Loon are a great company and I buy a lot of stuff from them. I haven't been impressed with their scissor clamps, though. I gave mine to my wife. 😂

BriGuy

Life of the Party
I have a one of their quick-draw foreceps, which is similar to their quick-draw mitten clamps. They are bomb proof and a pleasure to use. Due to their size, I use them mostly when I'm on the boat. They were a nice surprise gift from my wife.

It's nice to know they stand behind their products, but I'm sure I'll lose them overboard before I ever have to request warranty or repair service.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
It sucks to get old. Doesn't it.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Jim - Getting old is better than the alternative, without any doubt. Getting old is a learning exprience on new aches n pains. I've been to the senior center for a few meals; man those old farts have had more surgeries and take more pills than I can imagine. ;-)