looking for a fast sinking line

Russell

Steelhead
Putting together a 10wt outfit that I hope to use for california halibut down here in the bay. The halibut down here are within reach and I will be mostly fishing at 10-25 feet and will also most likely hook up with stripers, leopard sharks, and skate in the same waters. I'm looking for a good line to fish large baitfish streamers that has a fast sink rate. I don't want to cast T## with mono and am looking for a line that may sacrifice sink rate for a better casting and stripping handling.
Any sugestions

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Rio used to offer custom Outbound lines that had a section of T-11 or T-14 attached to clear intermediate running line. Depending on what grain weight you wanted you’d cut the head back to that remaining length of the T-11/14. I’m not sure if they still make them or if that type of rig would work for you.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
What about this?

Chris Bellows

Steelhead
Only needing to reach 10-25 ft seems pretty easy. No need for a mono running line. Substitute a normal running line and you can fish the sinking shooting head of your choice and still have a system that handles well. If you don’t want a looped shooting head system then the Rio Custom Outbound is a good option.

rotato

Steelhead
What about the rio striper line
casts great
hucks big flies
maybe necessitates a striping basket