Little Update

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Keep it up Nick, your kicking ass, and will be back out in the Big Blue in no time!

Bagman

Steelhead
Little update on progress...

Had a doctor appointment this morning to check progress. My A1C was down to 7.2 and I have lost just under 50 lbs since my last appointment. My doctor was super impressed. Was nice to get a positive reaction from a doctor for a change lol

Since my A1C came in below 8 I now have to wait 90 days and take it again. So I have an appointment Aug 16 and as long as that is below 8 I will be eligible to get my license back at that point.

Really feeling incredible physically. There has been a ton of change to my body the last several months. All of the change has been improvements but man it's a lot to process so quickly.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know where things are at. Also wanted to thank all of you who have reached out, checked in, provided support etc. It sure means a lot!
It is obvious this means a lot to you, you’re working hard and it shows in your test. Keep it up

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Damn Nick, that sucks. Sorry this is side lining you for a while. You got this. If anyone can kick diabete's ass its you.

Grandpa Jim

Steelhead

Had a doctor appointment this morning to check progress. My A1C was down to 7.2 and I have lost just under 50 lbs since my last appointment. My doctor was super impressed. Was nice to get a positive reaction from a doctor for a change lol

Since my A1C came in below 8 I now have to wait 90 days and take it again. So I have an appointment Aug 16 and as long as that is below 8 I will be eligible to get my license back at that point.

Really feeling incredible physically. There has been a ton of change to my body the last several months. All of the change has been improvements but man it's a lot to process so quickly.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know where things are at. Also wanted to thank all of you who have reached out, checked in, provided support etc. It sure means a lot!
Good for you Nick! A lot of effort and perseverance on your part to get where you are now...
Lets all hope for the best for you in 90 days so that you can get back to guiding!
I always look forward to reading your fishing reports and the knowledge you share with all of us, be it SRC, coho, chum or tuna.

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
That's really impressive work by you! I'm so happy to hear that it's going so well for you and you're on course to recapture a part of your life that you love. Cheers!

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
The best part of your update Nick is that you are feeling physically better with the changes you've made. Congratulations!

(BigDave)

Smolt
Keep fighting the good fight. I recently stopped sugar and working on keeping carbs to a minimum. It's tough but I believe worth it in the long run.

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter

G'damn that is so very impressive Nick! Way to go man! Keep it up! So happy for you truly.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin

Hell yeah! Awesome job brother!

Last edited: