Little Deschutse fly suggestions?

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I read this as a San Juan worm AND a squirmy as your two nymph rig and I was about to pay for your tab at the bar for that move.
That was a weird way for me to write it. It was late. I did not feel like specifying the top fly cause I dont think it ever really mattered as the san juan worm gets the love.

Taxon

Steelhead
Forum Legend
Our Olympia version.
Hi Kado-

The Olympia version is called the Deschutes River, not the Little Deschutes River. Howsomever, a tributary of it (called the Little Deschutes River) does flow into the main stem of the Deschutes River several miles SE of Deschutes Falls Park on the Bald Hill Road SE. Deschutes River (upper segment).jpgDeschutes River (upper section) from Google Maps.

Reactions: Zak

Kado

Steelhead
Hi Kado-

The Olympia version is called the Deschutes River, not the Little Deschutes River. Howsomever, a tributary of it (called the Little Deschutes River) does flow into the main stem of the Deschutes River several miles SE of Deschutes Falls Park on the Bald Hill Road SE. View attachment 44563Deschutes River (upper section) from Google Maps.
Always good to know the correct info....a buddy of mine that fishes that area a lot always referred to our Washington river as the Lil D and the Oregon river as the Big D in our conversations, just to keep them clear in our discussions...of course, that was after several beers sooo....