Liner socks recommendations

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The new Redington wader pants have arrived and the fit couldn't be better if I had them custom made. Quite an upgrade over my old worn thin fleece pajama bottoms!

Now I need some liner socks to wear under them. I haven't bought any in years and need to upgrade. What is your favorite material for these thin socks? Some are still polypropylene but I understand that there are more modern materials available. What are your suggestions?

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter
Hi Ive, mine are polypropylene. Sorry but I haven't tried any made from other materials so I don't know if my reply is helpful.

The new Redington wader pants have arrived and the fit couldn't be better if I had them custom made. Quite an upgrade over my old worn thin fleece pajama bottoms!

Now I need some liner socks to wear under them. I haven't bought any in years and need to upgrade. What is your favorite material for these thin socks? Some are still polypropylene but I understand that there are more modern materials available. What are your suggestions?
Silk

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
May sound funny, but when it's warm, since I still have lots of dress (office) socks, I wear either the cotton or merino ones. Several pairs of the orvis invincible too. Gotta use 'em up somehow. In cold water always wool boot socks.

Draketake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Polypro LIners Socks for warm weather wading with Breathables.

Polypro Merino Wool Blends when the water/weather is cooler. Wigwam Comfort Ascents or their Comfort Hikers are hard to beat. USA Made to boot. See what I did there ? ;)

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I like a thin polypropylene liner under merino wool socks from Costco.
The Costco 32° Degree polypropylene are nice to if you want to layer under your new Redington fleece pants. I like both their tops and bottoms.
SF