Klamath River

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
I’m staying at the Klamath RV and campground in Klamath, CA for 5 days mid august with my family and some friends and wondering if anyone can nudge me in the right direction for swinging some flies for California steel. From my limited googling, while early in the run it seems doable and being on the lower river is advantageous. Could be salmon around as well? Do I need watercraft? Thanks. Fishing is not the priority, I’ll probably get some sunrise sessions and spend the rest of the time relaxing. Thanks.

Reactions: JS

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I believe it’s pretty much a boat show on the lower K, no road access. You could go 75 miles north to Gold Beach and then take the lower Rogue river road upstream to some wading water. Confluence Outfitters runs boat trips on the lower K and I like Jason Hartwick as far as a good guy to fish with. I believe he hits the lower K starting in August (707)382-1655
@Travis Bille might chime in, it’s his backyard.

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
Dry fly or wet?
The river is really murky from the fires upstream so Ive stuck to sink tips and marabous or thrown my gear rod hoping for a chinook amongst the crowds. Considering the river looks like coffee grounds rolling through the main flow I’ve been pleasantly surprised to get any love at all. Beautiful country! Thanks for all the tips guys.