Kamloops boat option

Would you bring one large boat or three small ones?

• Large boat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Small boats

Votes: 14 100.0%

• Total voters

Chris Johnson

Steelhead
So true! Last year, early June, we had two places where we had to get out and cut deadfall (from the previous years forest fires). We didn't have a chainsaw but thankfully Herb carries a bow saw.
Plus if you can find a dead tree that is still standing close to the road you'll have lots of firewood.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
View attachment 50784

"In right, out left" - something else to consider is ground clearance. This road has some deep puddles (more like ponds) and there are pieces of "car" obviously broken off in places where the driver might have gone "in left" instead of "in right". I hiked my tube into the lake at the end of this road on my first time to the lake, all the while swatting mosquitoes. There were ponds/puddles almost knee deep.

I'm not trying to discourage you in any way shape or form. There are countless lakes to fish where the roads are a bit more passable. (I found another way into this lake without the nearly two klick hike, I still had to contend with mosquitoes).
25 years ago my buddy and I fished and camped at Plateau Lake. The 1st year we were in my 94 Isuzu Trooper with over-sized tires and still almost got high-centered on a half-assed culvert. A standard truck 4x4 pickup would not have made it unless a reg cab short box.
The next year we took my buddy's high boy Ford and they had fixed the culvert, but we were glad for his mud tires. It had rained and was nasty in a couple places.
So just be smart and don't temp fate even if you want to get to your spot. There's enough lakes that plan b is still a great trip.
And def take the small boats.
Good luck!
I gotta make it back up there!

Chris Johnson

Steelhead
25 years ago my buddy and I fished and camped at Plateau Lake. The 1st year we were in my 94 Isuzu Trooper with over-sized tires and still almost got high-centered on a half-assed culvert. A standard truck 4x4 pickup would not have made it unless a reg cab short box.
The next year we took my buddy's high boy Ford and they had fixed the culvert, but we were glad for his mud tires. It had rained and was nasty in a couple places.
So just be smart and don't temp fate even if you want to get to your spot. There's enough lakes that plan b is still a great trip.
And def take the small boats.
Good luck!
I gotta make it back up there!
How was the fishing?