Kamloops boat option

Would you bring one large boat or three small ones?

• Large boat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Small boats

Votes: 14 100.0%

• Total voters

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Could probably make that happen but wouldn't have a way to get them around once there since we are driving one truck. I am leaning towards a small utility trailer with the small boats
I'm an inflatable pontoon guy myself. Also have a tube but I really like the pontoon with a trolling motor. My truck has a lumber rack and I can make the rear cross bar into a roller which makes it easy to push the boat up. I can fit two on top and one inside if needed.

Scudley Do Right

Life of the Party
I'm an inflatable pontoon guy myself. Also have a tube but I really like the pontoon with a trolling motor. My truck has a lumber rack and I can make the rear cross bar into a roller which makes it easy to push the boat up. I can fit two on top and one inside if needed.
I have a 9' aluminum flyfisher and my buddies have 8' fiberglass boats.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I have a 9' aluminum flyfisher and my buddies have 8' fiberglass boats.
DSCF2574.JPG

This might work for you ----^ There's also a 10' Marlon in the bottom of the utility trailer. The bed of the truck is stuffed with rod cases, totes with anchors, totes with fly boxes, lunch boxes, nets, rain gear, boat seats, PFD's........... The "Shoal Man" used to take just two of us to lift it onto the Yakima Racks but anymore, all three of us hoist it up (same with the Marlon, that sucker is heavy).

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
DSCF0354.JPG

"In right, out left" - something else to consider is ground clearance. This road has some deep puddles (more like ponds) and there are pieces of "car" obviously broken off in places where the driver might have gone "in left" instead of "in right". I hiked my tube into the lake at the end of this road on my first time to the lake, all the while swatting mosquitoes. There were ponds/puddles almost knee deep.

I'm not trying to discourage you in any way shape or form. There are countless lakes to fish where the roads are a bit more passable. (I found another way into this lake without the nearly two klick hike, I still had to contend with mosquitoes).

Scudley Do Right

Life of the Party
View attachment 50784

"In right, out left" - something else to consider is ground clearance. This road has some deep puddles (more like ponds) and there are pieces of "car" obviously broken off in places where the driver might have gone "in left" instead of "in right". I hiked my tube into the lake at the end of this road on my first time to the lake, all the while swatting mosquitoes. There were ponds/puddles almost knee deep.

I'm not trying to discourage you in any way shape or form. There are countless lakes to fish where the roads are a bit more passable. (I found another way into this lake without the nearly two klick hike, I still had to contend with mosquitoes).
It's just a stock 1/2 ton Chevy. It has new tires but we aren't going to be doing any mud bogging. I'm thinking we will bring the float tubes to add flexibility.

Last edited:

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
View attachment 50784

Looks fun to me😁

Herkileez

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have a hard tonneau with stainless eyes on my truck. I load my 10' jon under, packed with all my gear, and have also carried another pontoon, or jon on top. If the latter, just need to make sure it's secured so it doesn't hit the rear window on a hard stop. I found out pretty quickly that OEM tires didn't cut it for back roads, and have gone with 10 ply.
I don't have pics with boats loaded, but here's one with tonneau and eyes.

Ram 1500.jpg

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
Looks fun to me😁
I'm sure your Gladiator would work well as long as you go "in right, out left".... ;-) We'd staged herb's truck and were inflating our tubes getting ready for that "two klick" hike when a lifted Tracker stopped by. He gave Herb a ride (room for only one other). The Tracker had an aluminum pram on a custom rack, a big lift and big knobby tires. Herb said the rig did well. Keith and I hiked in (swatting 'skeeters) - I found half a plastic bumper tangled in the "road"side brush complete with a BC license plate. ;-)

Last edited:

Engee

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Kinda like this..... Put rollers on the Yak bars and made a pvc roller loader that attaches to the rear bar.

Attachments

• IMG_1827.JPG
    IMG_1827.JPG
    759.4 KB · Views: 34

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
Kinda like this..... Put rollers on the Yak bars and made a pvc roller loader that attaches to the rear bar.
Except Wayne's truck has a canopy so your old Yeller goes on top of the cap. @Engee meet @_WW_ , proud owner of your Bronco.

Herkileez

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
It's just a stock 1/2 ton Chevy. It has new tires but we aren't going to be doing any mud bogging. I'm thinking we will bring the float tubes to add flexibility.
Just remember not to have float tubes/pontoon boats fully inflated when you go over Coquihalla summit (4035' elev.) ..O\wise can blow out bladders and split seams......and does all the time.

Last edited:

Engee

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Except Wayne's truck has a canopy so your old Yeller goes on top of the cap. @Engee meet @_WW_ , proud owner of your Bronco.
Ya there's no way I could push my boat up onto a canopy. I run out of length pretty quickly just pushing my boat up onto my tonneau cover.