Is your desk a mess?

Styskal

Smolt
I use to be so good at keeping a clean desk in the rod room. Now I look around and see a bosch drill numerous coffee cups a couple fox tails 22 and 9mm rounds waiting to be loaded. More sink tips than I can count. Nextcast lines strewn around like spaghetti a couple hardy perfects waiting to be spooled up. Two Beretta hand guns with suppressors attached. A shit load of flash and cone heads. Freshly tied bass bugs waiting to be fished in a pile. Unwaxed dental floss for splicing lines and a package of Kori bustard feathers that needs to be quarantined and packed away. Alps reel seats that need to be installed on a few Burky rods. It's pretty much a disaster. This thread got me thinking it's time for a full on spring clean.

Rio Grande King

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I wonder if one of those strong magnet strips that people use for storing kitchen knives would work well for scissors, bodkins, tweezers, hackle pliers, and the like. Has anyone tried that? Getting my often-used thread, tinsel and wire spools up above the desk really helped.
Here's another magnet solution. Auto parts store purchase. They come in many sizes. Lean it somewhere handy or stick it to something metallic close at hand.
1653104004170.jpeg