Hunter Harrassment Video

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Saw that. Guy is off his rocker.
There's a follow up video where the kid taking the video explains some more details. Sounds like from the follow up video that they (state) might press charges against the farmer for asking for $ to hunt...
Interesting watch.

Replicant

Steelhead
I watched all of these. I hate this kind of stuff. I'm pretty impressed on how they (hunters) handled it. When I was a teenager, I was hunting grouse on the west side with my friends, and knocked down my first Ruffed. The Brittany that we had with us was worthless, so I was looking for the bird on my own, when a farmer pulled up and just started to tear into us. We explained that we had already checked the regs and that we were legally hunting BLM land (we verified it too), but that didn't stop him from screaming his head off at us. I was never intimidated easily, but I might have leaked in my pants on that one. He was wrong, and he spoiled the hunt.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Duck/goose hunting has always interested me. It's in the off season, something I can do in the mornings. The learning curve to get started, finding a place to go, private land, then these dudes yelling at you...

longputt

Steelhead
Unfortunately, if you hunt (or fish) around private land long enough you'll experience this type of confrontation. Maybe not as loud as this landowner but certainly it can get ugly. I've met a few sheriffs in disputes and I've never been in the wrong but my hunts have been ruined.

On-X (GPS in general) has helped a lot but even then I had one rancher in Grant County refuse to listen. When I called the sheriff the ranchers threats were not unlike this video and when the sheriff showed up he was pretty nervous about the mental state of the rancher. The sheriff asked me not to press charges. The sheriff pulled me aside and told me his whole cattle operation was illegal and was supposed to be gone and that the hunter harassment charge would just escalate an already bad situation. Pretty scary when everyone is armed.

Last edited:

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The guy unhinged has never been hit in the face. Losing a few teeth and getting his ass stomped into a mudhole would improve his diplomatic approach. He's trying to good ol' boy his way. As a landowner it's frustrating to see folks set up or hunt the line especially if you are a hunter yourself. It's perfectly legal though and some landowners think they have Dominion over the whole valley. They don't. The young guys behaved politely and handled it fine. This landowner is a complete idiot. I'm shocked they didn't pop him in that big mouth of his which is what he probably wanted. He needs it. A ticket won't send that guy a message.

Last edited:

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
Unfortunately, if you hunt (or fish) around private land long enough you'll experience this type of confrontation. Maybe not as loud as this landowner but certainly it can get ugly. I've met a few sheriffs in disputes and I've never been in the wrong but my hunts have been ruined.

On-X (GPS in general) has helped a lot but even then I had one rancher in Grant County refuse to listen. When I called the sheriff the ranchers threats were not unlike this video and when the sheriff showed up he was pretty nervous about the mental state of the rancher. The sheriff asked me not to press charges. The sheriff pulled me aside and told me his whole cattle operation was illegal and was supposed to be gone and that the hunter harassment charge would just escalate an already bad situation. Pretty scary when everyone is armed.
That’s never good but does happen from time to time.