NFR Humor

Non-fishing related

SculpinSwinger

Grey Ghost
Forum Supporter
I'm not sure that all of us haven't made that mistake drilling a hole or putting in a screw ,I sure have going in reverse . :rolleyes:
It’s usually a new apprentice, he is screwing away everything working as it should, and then they inadvertently reverse the drill direction. Usually much pressure is applied trying to get the screw to drive, and then they give up and hand the driver to their journeyman.

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
It’s usually a new apprentice, he is screwing away everything working as it should, and then they inadvertently reverse the drill direction. Usually much pressure is applied trying to get the screw to drive, and then they give up and hand the driver to their journeyman.
With me it’s when I reverse it for whatever reason , then proceed to drill or put a screw in , and it takes a few seconds to realize what’s happening. 😳

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I once spent an hour trying to loosen the lugs to change a flat on a pickup deep in the woods. After bending the wheel wrench, and with sweat wringing from me, I finally radioed the woods mechanic to come and help me out. He showed up and buzzed the lugs off in seconds, explaining that Ford one-tons use reverse-thread on their left-rear wheels (the bastards). We laughed and laughed...(well, mostly him... :rolleyes: )
A friend of mine had a Nash Metropolitan - if I remember Mikey's story correctly, half the nuts were LF on and half RH on. The old righty tighty lefty loosey didn't apply the Nash or the Ford 1-tons left rear wheel (WTH?).

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
A friend of mine had a Nash Metropolitan - if I remember Mikey's story correctly, half the nuts were LF on and half RH on. The old righty tighty lefty loosey didn't apply the Nash or the Ford 1-tons left rear wheel (WTH?).
Old military trucks are the same way, except they have 2sets of dual wheels in the rear...

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I liked to send the rookie out to the van to get that bag of roofing bolt holes. "They're in a red bag, can't miss 'em!"

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I received a Xmas gift a few years back of a score driving unit with like 40 different heads. Wtf? . Three of this and three of that plus uniques head like the star head used by some screws, The three set for square heads and Phillips heads was a head scratcher. Skinny -mid- deep Phillips…mini-med-large on SQ heads. Some others I have never seen.
But you need to use the right one. !!!

Bagman

Steelhead
At work one day I open a 25 pound bag of #8 lead shot and about 200 shot hit the floor I told my new helper to go get the lead magnet to clean up the mess and I would keep the people away so no one got hurt. Took her quit a few minutes before she got back and ask if I knew where it was kept, because she could not find it.

cdnred

Life of the Party
66c31006-7f7d-4685-8375-099e31482a9e-png.887989