How to pass the time...

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Been a nurse over 10 years. Best advice I can give is to get up and move the moment you are cleared to! Don't take the stronger pain meds if you don't need them. They can and do cause side effects like constipation and worst.

Be kind to all the staff and don't be a creep and hit on the female nurses or CNA's. It's a hard enough job without harrassment.

Also pay attention to what everyone tells you and keep notes...it's easy to be distracted and get home and not have a clue your discharge instructions even though you were told. Good luck!

As an outdoor craplete opioids stunted my career. I never took them until I did for a severe injury and they damaged me and my career. Now I don't take them at all. I wasn't competitive for years after "the incident". Rectal ruin can happen quickly with only a few doses. Like I say, never liked them, never took them, took them in desperation and my whole O ring got blown out. There it hung, dilapidated like a wizards sleeve. The damage to my outdoor competitive crapping career was possibly over. But with enough years and physical therapy I'm proud to say I'm at the top of my game and the head of the circuit. There's a chapter in my book about it entitled The Devils Concrete.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
I have a canister of Metamucil in my go bag, nothing worse then not being able to shit. That was actually the metric with which they judge you for discharge. And if it's between getting out of that hospital and pinching a loaf, I'm going prepared this time.
I'm going to try to stay away from those little maroon morphine pills this time. They sent me with 2 weeks worth last time and I was high as a kite, but withdrawals are real and I actually woke up at night with pools of sweat on me and soaked bedsheets when i ran out.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
I also wish you complete healing and a speedy recovery from the procedure.

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
I have a canister of Metamucil in my go bag, nothing worse then not being able to shit. That was actually the metric with which they judge you for discharge. And if it's between getting out of that hospital and pinching a loaf, I'm going prepared this time.
I'm going to try to stay away from those little maroon morphine pills this time. They sent me with 2 weeks worth last time and I was high as a kite, but withdrawals are real and I actually woke up at night with pools of sweat on me and soaked bedsheets when i ran out.
Miralax. Game changer.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Over the past year or so, I've spent close to three months in the hospital in various stays, 3 1/2 weeks being the longest.
Added to that was four hour weekly stints of chemo for two 3 month sessions.
What I did find out is, while you can kill time Googling things that you always wondered about you can actually run out of 'things'.:ROFLMAO:

Good luck with your surgery and a speedy recovery.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Many hospitals will not allow the patient to bring/use drugs from home but are more than happy to give you theirs at a very high price.
This is true, it can be enlightening going over your itemized hospital bill. The problem I had last time was they were very reactionary not preventative, I should be able to smuggle something in.

• Sad
Reactions: RCF

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Over the past year or so, I've spent close to three months in the hospital in various stays, 3 1/2 weeks being the longest.
Added to that was four hour weekly stints of chemo for two 3 month sessions.
What I did find out is, while you can kill time Googling things that you always wondered about you can actually run out of 'things'.:ROFLMAO:

Good luck with your surgery and a speedy recovery.
Yep, I have come to that point several times where I'm just completely out of things that interest me.