Hook supplier praise

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
i ordered up eye salmon fly hooks SS001 and they were poorly made. The return wire on the eye wasnt tapered and closed and had burrs on it that would cut your thread

I posted a review and I guess they didnt like it and it never got posted

I ended up throwing them out

(n)(n)

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
i ordered up eye salmon fly hooks SS001 and they were poorly made. The return wire on the eye wasnt tapered and closed and had burrs on it that would cut your thread

I posted a review and I guess they didnt like it and it never got posted

I ended up throwing them out

(n)(n)
Sorry to hear that! I've mostly gotten saltwater and bass hooks from them, which have been fine.

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I like the quality of Gami hooks, but this kind of thing makes me crazy
View attachment 4034
You mean that you’re not really sure what a size 8 is despite the descriptions? Cause that’s my beef with them but otw agree they are great hooks. Drove me nuts trying to correlate the differences between sc15 and sl12s cause they don’t make a size 1 or 1/0 in the sl12s, which makes no sense.

Started messing with ahrex and they are good and in same price ballpark as the gammys but I like that their website provides dimensions (in metric) for their hooks so it makes it easier to understand what each size of hook really is (or at least make it make sense to what I think it is).