Holy crap, dude caught a big bass (gear)

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Jacob is probably number 1 in the world right now depending on which format you prefer. Guy is awesome.

The day I got my first 12+ pounder is a day I will never forget. The damn thing was giant. Believe it or not I was forbidden to release it. (Lake Cuyamaca Ca). If I was caught releasing it (by lake officials) I would have been banned from the lake. I took it to the weigh station, got a Polaroid and had a Polaroid placed in the lakes photo book. So.... I've got this huge slab of dying fish that I had no desire to eat.... I gave it to a guy fishing in a wheelchair that said his asian wife was going to "shit a brick". I'll never forget that giant bass in his cooler. One of my happiest moments..and one of my saddest. I still have the Polaroid.

This small lake, a two hour drive from San Diego, is quite unique. The tiny quarter pound stocked trout allow the Largemouth bass to start to eat "vitamin T" also known as stocked trout, at a very early stage in their life. By the time they reach 6 pounds they are feasting on the quarter pound stockers. In other lakes in the area, the stockers are larger and only big bass can feast on them. In their infinite wisdom California fish and wildlife requires all bass to be retained to protect the tiny trout that they are feeding them. Go figure .

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Jacob is probably number 1 in the world right now depending on which format you prefer. Guy is awesome.
I haven't met him but by all accounts he's already nice guy too.