Happy Vernal Equinox!

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
Wishing everyone a great spring as we come out of the long winter even though it sure doesn't feel like it this morning in the Maple Valley environs.

I'll be fishing as much as possible the next couple weeks before the coastal rivers close then shifting focus to gardening/landscaping for six weeks or so. We had 30+ large trees taken out at our property on the river last month which left 150 yards or so of wood chips in large piles that will be used to mulch the 200+ rhodies.

Gotta get that done and the windows washed before springer season kicks in. Spring chinook has become my favorite fish to target and I really look forward to mid-May to mid-July starting late July... Hopefully, I can squeeze in a pre-runoff speed trip to my favorite small stream in the Idaho panhandle as well.

What's on your list for spring 2023?

PhilR

Whale Shark
Forum Supporter
It's about time. And then in August, I'll be ready for the gray again.

I'm ready for the D and the lakes to start waking up again (even though the D fishes great in the winter). Hoping to get a longer float in over this spring, like the John Day or the Grand Ronde. Spring is a problem because there are just too many options.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
It's about time. And then in August, I'll be ready for the gray again.

I'm ready for the D and the lakes to start waking up again (even though the D fishes great in the winter). Hoping to get a longer float in over this spring, like the John Day or the Grand Ronde. Spring is a problem because there are just too many options.

Complain, complain, complain! Too many options, woe is me.

Happy spring everyone!! As noted in the incredible Stuff in the Sky thread, same amount of daylight everywhere on earth on the equinox (who knew?).

cheers