Green River

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Anyone still fish the Green River these days? It’s open now, so I checked it out last week. Saw a few fish rising, but I only ended up extending my skunk streak that day.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
My buddy fishes it a lot. I was asking him last night if he'd been doing any good down there and he said he's off it until it rains. Water is too low in his opinion. YMMV

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I fish it up high when open.
Its a good looking body of water.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Some surprises to be had there.

I always enjoyed this fellas videos. He posted this on PP quite a few years ago.
This is the upper Green. Some nice water up there.
SF

Last edited:

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter

I always enjoyed this fellas videos. He posted this on PP quite a few years ago.
SF

I could help but wonder about the guy in the bow: “When and where am I supposed to fish?!”

But coxswain is definitely earning his pay. That’s some serious water.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I could help but wonder about the guy in the bow: “When and where am I supposed to fish?!”

But coxswain is definitely earning his pay. That’s some serious water.

I believe that was just a raft trip and the river was closed to fishing at the time they floated it.
With our current low water, can you imagine how beautiful it must be up there right now?
SF

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I believe that was just a raft trip and the river was closed to fishing at the time they floated it.
With our current low water, can you imagine how beautiful it must be up there right now?
SF
I found the video on YT and checked out the comments. Someone asked about running a drift boat down the river. Talk about lighting off a barrel of nope.

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
But, you know, I’ve been wondering about those who fish the Green just for resident trout. River is open now. No sign of salmon. So, trout, right? They’re definitely there. I’ve seen them, and the size of the rises impressed me.

JayB

Steelhead

SF

First time I've seen footy of someone running that stretch without a helmet and protection from cold-water immersion. Different strokes for different folks and all of that but one of the more humbling things about the WW game for me was how wiped out I felt after most of my "swims" even when wearing a full drysuit and how violent the head-to-rock collisions feel even when wearing a helmet and the water's not moving *that* fast.

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Ya know, seems like we’ve gone off topic. I was just trying to gain and share some intel on fishing the Green River.

Yup, no anadromous action right now, but I did witness some JTs rising over the past few weeks. Clear lack of salmon is making catch & take gear anglers look glum. I’ve been sussing them out. Some even feel like they even need to be socially “stealth mode.” Cracks me up—especially the degree of my skunk lately.

I’ve been scoping the Green over the past year or so. Looks more secure than the Cedar for leaving your rig unattended below Hwy 18 bridge. Lots of frog water that could hold cutties and other resident trout. I’ve definitely seen nice jumpers.

Anyone ever just target trout?

skyrise

Steelhead
Try looking around auburn and behind all those stores around the mall and from there up to the bridges around kent. many gear guys work all those spots. not certain about the safety aspect but I would be careful wherever you go these days.