Garmin Striker 4 deal

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I've never understood how side view is useful on any fish finder. Never seems to show anything particularly useful.
I, on the otherhand, find the sindfinder function of the 120 and 140C very useful (sometimes). Granted, sidefinder does NOT provide depth but it does provide direction (narrow cone) and distance. Being able to point the transducer in different directions (swivel at will), sometimes I can find fish off to the side of my anchored pram..... that can be useful.

@Billy - is your Striker 4 the 4cv? I think (barely) the 4cv comes with a much larger transducer - heavyier too.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I've never understood how side view is useful on any fish finder. Never seems to show anything particularly useful.
It does a bang-up job of showing the flotsam in the water that I can see anyway.

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
A question for the Striker users on setup cost. I bought my FB 120 around 7 years ago for ~$200 and it came with a boat bracket. I purchased the float tube strap for ~$30.

What are the costs for a battery, mounting base, and brackets for boat and float tube?

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
I, on the otherhand, find the sindfinder function of the 120 and 140C very useful (sometimes). Granted, sidefinder does NOT provide depth but it does provide direction (narrow cone) and distance. Being able to point the transducer in different directions (swivel at will), sometimes I can find fish off to the side of my anchored pram..... that can be useful.

@Billy - is your Striker 4 the 4cv? I think (barely) the 4cv comes with a much larger transducer - heavyier too.
Correct I have the Vivid CV with the GT20 transducer. A very good transducer so for me initially appears worth the trade off of a pound or whatever the difference is.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
A question for the Striker users on setup cost. I bought my FB 120 around 7 years ago for ~$200 and it came with a boat bracket. I purchased the float tube strap for ~$30.

What are the costs for a battery, mounting base, and brackets for boat and float tube?
The Garmin was 160, battery 80 for a 4.4 amp litheum and strap from fishfindermounts 40.