Wanted G Loomis IMX-Pro 696-4

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
9'6" 6wt with a fighting butt.
If you have one of these you'd like to move, please drop me a PM.
Not interested in any other brands or models.
Thanks
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Bump

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
LOL
Definitely don't need a new one....or another fly line.
This one if I can find it won't get much use.
SF

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
New beach rod? When I started the saltwater game my rod was a 10ft 7wt IMX that I built back in the mid 90’s. Love that rod, would like to find a 6weight version.

Andy

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
New beach rod? When I started the saltwater game my rod was a 10ft 7wt IMX that I built back in the mid 90’s. Love that rod, would like to find a 6weight version.

Andy

Beach / loaner guest rod.
Plan to set it up with a floater so it won’t get much use, but quicker then changing our spools.

My buddy left a 10’ 6 wt IMX on the top of his rig while driving away from a popular beach at about the same time you built yours. He’s still crying about that rod…..
SF

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
My buddy left a 10’ 6 wt IMX on the top of his rig while driving away from a popular beach at about the same time you built yours. He’s still crying about that rod…..
Oh man that would haunt me too... Ouch.

Sageguy

Just Hatched
Forum Supporter
I have a classic G Loomis GLX Stream Dance High Speed 696-4 in mint condition if interested. Rod in BC 604-798-3040

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
I have a classic G Loomis GLX Stream Dance High Speed 696-4 in mint condition if interested. Rod in BC 604-798-3040

Thanks for the offer but I’ll pass.

Still looking for an IMX-Pro.
Thanks
SF

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just curious, since this is a buy for a guest user rod, what are you casting with these days on the beach? If I remember correctly which is questionable these days ….did you keep the X ?

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Just curious, since this is a buy for a guest user rod, what are you casting with these days on the beach? If I remember correctly which is questionable these days ….did you keep the X ?

Sage X 697-4. Still have one XP 697-4 left as well after selling the other one.
The X is getting hammered. Cork looks like a beaver chewed on it. A excited golden retriever stomped on it while I was landing a big searun plus I've taken a couple headers with it. Its only a matter of time before it fails.
Nice to have back-ups and just looking to try something new. I've always liked Loomis rods and have a number of them, but they are all older models.
SF

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Oh…oh. The 697 XP is hard to beat, One of the best rods made in last 25 years. But yes GL makes good rods too. Lots of good remarks on the IMX pro. Good luck.