Fun July for this dirtbag

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Since salmon opened up on the 2nd I've been awfully busy out here and my God has the fishing been good.

It seems like the whole ocean is just full of salmon. Already seeing big numbers of coho, and the best is yet to come. Chinook fishing is better than I've ever seen it. Like absolutely bonkers good. I haven't had a single trip where we didn't easily get all our fish. Today we saw a large jump in the grade of our fish, putting some really nice Chinook aboard.

Had quite a few kids out this month and it's been a ton of fun. Helping kids catch their first salmon is one of my favorite things!

I know it's not perfect everywhere, but it sure is cool to see such large returns!

I even had a day off on Monday and hopped on another charter captain's boat and went out and actually caught fish myself. Man what a fun time.

Anyway just wanted to share a few pics of what I've been up to out here this month20220707_121200-01.jpeg20220707_082218-01.jpeg20220719_111610-01.jpegDSC02886-01.jpegDSC02876-03.jpegDSC02838-01.jpegDSC02807-01.jpegDSC02828-01.jpegDSC02778-01.jpegDSC02792-01.jpeg

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Some solid meat right there, well done captain!

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
Well I finally finished building myself a twitching rod for this late Summer coho meat fishing. It's a med. hvy., 7ft, 2 piece rod. The blank is a Mudhole MHX turbo taper spin rod,, and is fast action. Bought more jig heads and hoochie skirts. Made some into articulated style hooks for those short striking fish. Should start seeing some down here in area #13, in 3 or so weeks. Just in time as I took out my last bag of smoked fish from the freezer...