Float tube nets

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
SM it's old, woulda been off eBay, probably 15 yrs ago. The brass rings and coils came from eBay as well, some more recently. For the magnets, searching on "magnetic net fishing" will pull a ton of them up.
I got my magnet release from Avid Angler.

It’s been a few years though so not sure if they still carry them.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Thanks to the Op's prompt/prod :) , I just picked up my Sportsman's Lost Creek net today.
For under 40$ I must say that I was impressed by the unique character of the wood as well as the overall quality of the build.
IMG-5642.jpg
IMG-5640.jpg
IMG-5641.jpg

Flybox1

Steelhead
^^^ Love mine.
I braided a 4' paracord lanyard with a small carabiner on the end to attach to my 'toon. Great reach with this one.
13" x 19" makes measuring easy

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Can apply to any net - just some ideas on managing. Btw, use solid brass for any hardware/connectors. Weathers well and non-magnetic.
View attachment 32154View attachment 32155View attachment 32156View attachment 32157View attachment 32158
Nifty! Such a simple concept (quite brilliant, actually) of having your net close by rather than behind you with the net handle under one of your other rods..... I'm guessing you replaced the split rings with brass because of some incident......... thanks for sharing!

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Testing the new net yesterday.:D
IMG-5667 (1).jpg
Using the 19" net basket length as a guide I would say that this fish is all of that and maybe even a hair more.

Last edited: