Fishing Commercials

ABITNF

Steelhead
Lotto commercial from up north a few years back. Note the guy reeling. I hope this is the first and only time these guys are out fishing.

Scslat

Anadromous Angler
Forum Supporter
I was trying to find the many examples of truck commercials that have people fishing, but the people have no idea how to hold a rod or cast. Turns out it's hard to search for crappy fishing technique within truck commercials. But those always crack me up.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I think old Busch Beer ads were influential to me. The imperative to “Head for the Mountains“ since I was a little tike apparently really resonated with me; then I guess it was the CD soundtrack for Singles really put me over the top in driving me PNW-ward.
Pretty sure it was a Busch Beer ad that featured someone drifting a roe sack for salmon, with the POV from the river and the roe sack plopping into a cold mountain river. I just thought that was so fricking cool. I can’t find that exact ad but Busch had some good ones I forgot about.

So natural and refreshing and natural. Really natural and smooth and natural! Buscsssssshhhhhh!

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846

Spent many a day on Buckhorn Creek, Little River, North Umpqua River with one of those…some torpedo bubbles, a spool of leader material, and an empty Copenhagen container with the area’s favorite flies.

Summers were as follows… chores in the morning, lunch, swimmin’ and fishin’, dinner, and relaxin’. Great times growin’ up!! 😁