First raft trip

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Can't remember if if was you or somebody else I'm thinking of but if you zip tied your Scotty rod holder to the frame and get tired of that, get yourself a Stealth rod holder base...it will mount tightly to your frame with an Allen wrench and your Scotty holder should fit snugly inside.

Good on you for taking the grand kid out. You looked 20 years too young to even have one!

Yes, I zip tied a Scotty on, and it's worthless. Haven't been using it. I was going to mount to wood and then somehow attach it to the frame better, but haven't gotten around to it, or given a ton of thought to how to do it.
I'll look into this rod base for sure. I have to do something. Thanks for the tip.

I am too young to be a grandpa, techincally. My wife has a decade or so on me. She had kids young from a previous relationship. So I have step kids in their 20s, and two step grandkids. Not where I saw my life going at age 37 lol, but it's been fun. No blood kids of my own, which is by choice. So I get to hang out with the kiddos and have fun, but not have as much 24 hour responsibility.

Fourbtgait

Steelhead
I finally found the attached for your viewing about the St. Joe. Took me this long to find. I had found it online last summer but couldn’t again.

Attachments

• IMG_0721.jpeg
    IMG_0721.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0720.jpeg
    IMG_0720.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 9

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter