Firehole Sticks Sale

mickey rat

Vermin
I got a sad message from the owner of Firehole Outdoors. Due to the recent passing of his wife he is no longer going to be selling direct to the public. They are discounting the direct to public remaining stock until it's gone. He will still continue to partner with retailers going forward.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Too bad, they make a nice hook. Sad for the guy's loss as well, that's got to be devastating.

I have several boxes already, but might have to get more if they're on clearance.

thanks, andy

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Too bad, they make a nice hook. Sad for the guy's loss as well, that's got to be devastating.

I have several boxes already, but might have to get more if they're on clearance.

thanks, andy
to be clear, theyre not going out of business, just moving away from DTC into a more wholsale to shops business model.

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
That’s a shame they’re changing their client base and personally tragic for the owner of course. I really like these hooks but I often had trouble getting the common sizes from them, even trying to order through Avid. I had some success online but 14s and 16s were out a lot.

Still l managed to buy 200 hooks for $23 which is not bad given the like of fulling mill that I also like are ~$13 for 50.

Dave

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Joe Mathis is a great guy and marvelous fish hook designer.

Indeed the death of his wife was sad news. They were close. Apart from being an outstanding engineer, Joe knows how to run a business. Firehole Outdoors has designed some impressive hooks and its no wonder some popular sizes are in short supply—they are classy hooks.