Finally - SRC Success!!!!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I think that is a rock sole, but not 100% sure.
Nice work on the searun cutt!
SF

Aleforme

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I believe in this case the laughing/crying emoji indicates that they are well aware of that.

Ha, as soon as it started pulling, I knew it wasn't a SRC. I thought I had snagged the bottom as I had done a little earlier and then the bottom started pulling back!

Aleforme

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I heard back from a co-worker about the flatfish. Her call was a rock sole as well, but thought there was a possibility of it being an English sole. The water and angle is distorting some features. She provided a pic of a rock sole from one her trawl surveys, which I am sharing

View attachment 39659

Yep, I'm thinking Rock Sole for sure based on that photo. It was probably 8 to 10 inches. Thanks for the help!

WonderBrad

Steelhead
This one was my best SRC landed this year. Lost a much larger fish after a jumpy short battle barbless hook, sigh. Recent rain has my favorite SRC run unfishable .... fly = lightning strike muddler

Attachments

• IMG_7848.JPG
    IMG_7848.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • LightningStrikeMuddler.jpg
    LightningStrikeMuddler.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 55
  • LightningStrikeMuddler.JPG
    LightningStrikeMuddler.JPG
    680.4 KB · Views: 55

Aleforme

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
This one was my best SRC landed this year. Lost a much larger fish after a jumpy short battle barbless hook, sigh. Recent rain has my favorite SRC run unfishable .... fly = lightning strike muddler

That's a good sized SRC. Nicely done!