Durable Waders

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I was in the local fly shop Saturday and tried on a Dryft wading jacket.
The proprietor informed me the Dryft headquarters is located in Bellingham Wa.
Learned something new. He told me He could get Dryft to deliver items to the shop to try on before purchasing. Pretty
good service imho.
Hey, @Wanative Fred -
I may well have gone with Dryft if a local shop had delivery of their product so I could try product on. I'm a "medium long" by their sizing chart but the shoe size that fits me doesn't fit until large long: that's a lot of extra fabric I'd rather not have (but seems typical of all wader manufacturers).

Getting that camp trailer ready for the 4th Saturday?? What was that guy's name we fished with last year when you ventured back into the narrow shoal and could be heard giggling a half mile away?

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Leaked in multiple spots out of the box
Should be noted that this was quite a while ago and they were on a super sale. I never bothered trying to return them, but the material made great patches for other waders (yes, that was a thing at one point in time).

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
It'll be ready.
Hey, @Wanative Fred -
I may well have gone with Dryft if a local shop had delivery of their product so I could try product on. I'm a "medium long" by their sizing chart but the shoe size that fits me doesn't fit until large long: that's a lot of extra fabric I'd rather not have (but seems typical of all wader manufacturers).

Getting that camp trailer ready for the 4th Saturday?? What was that guy's name we fished with last year when you ventured back into the narrow shoal and could be heard giggling a half mile away?
I sent you a text.

wetline dave

Steelhead
Thanks for the input Clarkman.

They definitely sell an inexpensive wader for around $100 but it doesn't seem like a good buy.

I'll gladly pay more and avoid the hassle

Dave.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
I ended up getting the Aquaz. I haven't had a chance to use them yet, but they look legit.

There are some dead giveaways that Aquaz are the manufacturer behind Redington waders; the seams, buckles, zips, booties and fit are all identical.

I've only been able to get out a couple of times with my new zip-up Aquaz waders, but so far I really like them. They seem to be really well made and they have great reviews. Hoping for some longevity wit them.

Their website didn't list any retailers here in Washington. I wanted to support a fly shop so I ordered them from the Minam Store down in Oregon. Great service from them BTW.

And yeah, their website says they make waders for other labels/brands, but I couldn't say which ones. They are taking the place of a pair of zip-up Redington's that served me well until recently. The zipper looks similar in both, but I don't see much resemblance otherwise. Maybe Redington updated to a new design since I bought mine a few years back.

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
I've only been able to get out a couple of times with my new zip-up Aquaz waders, but so far I really like them. They seem to be really well made and they have great reviews. Hoping for some longevity wit them.

Their website didn't list any retailers here in Washington. I wanted to support a fly shop so I ordered them from the Minam Store down in Oregon. Great service from them BTW.

And yeah, their website says they make waders for other labels/brands, but I couldn't say which ones. They are taking the place of a pair of zip-up Redington's that served me well until recently. The zipper looks similar in both, but I don't see much resemblance otherwise. Maybe Redington updated to a new design since I bought mine a few years back.

If you had the "sonic weld" waders, I imagine those are made by a different company. These Aquaz waders are nearly identical to the Redington Escape waders that I had, before all this drama came up.