Dropper nymphs for western wa

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
What are some of your favorite nymph patterns to run on your dry/dropper rigs here in western WA trout streams?

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Little pts, hustler nymphs, copper johns, sexy waltz, my own sexy waltz with an ice dub peacock black collar at the head, anything with a CDC collar. All tied jigged in 14-16 with heavy beads (3.5mm usually).

I assume the dry your using is heavy in the foam with that big of a bead?

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Prince nymphs and pheasant tails and many variations thereof. Also creamy light tan and also green caddis nymphs. Just super simple with a pearl crystal flash wrap up the body, a couple turns of peacock and a dark tungsten bead.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Pat’s 6-10, Lightning bug 14-16, hare’s 14-16, and PTN 14-16.

It’s really about presentation (including depth and location), then size, then profile, then color in my experience.

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
Good suggestions. I’ve done best on the classics like most here have suggested when I do fish a dropper here in Puget Sound. PT is a go to for sure. In the past it’s been pretty rare but I want to do more of it this season as I fish new rivers. I like those Waltz Worm variations. Fishy! And I’ll try some of those small rainbow warrior flies as well. Nothing wrong with more flies in the box :)

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I looked up the waltz (walt’s) worm fly and funny enough it is essentially the caddis I described. I just add a couple wraps of peacock herl at the collar and usually use a dark bead. Not always though. That’s a good fly. The fragility of the krystal flash is made up for by the ease of tying.

Oliver1329

Life of the Party
I looked up the waltz (walt’s) worm fly and funny enough it is essentially the caddis I described. I just add a couple wraps of peacock herl at the collar and usually use a dark bead. Not always though. That’s a good fly. The fragility of the krystal flash is made up for by the ease of tying.
Yes! That's why I fish a waltz because it imitates a caddis. I'll tie one up and post a pic on here to show you guys

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
What size do you like?

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Thread frenchie, pmd thread frenchie, holographic thread frenchie...chuck's midge. Did I mention a thread frenchie?...