Dirtbag Rod: 6/9 - Fly Rod: 0

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Did you try a red fly, like the spinner color? I’ve had estuary coho days when pink flopped and red rocked. Sorry for the crappy photo and grass on mangled fly. Body is just Danville fluorescent red thread.

View attachment 35416
I used to do real well on a sparkly little red fly. Unweighted, but not too different from that.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If you do that, then they will never want that spinner again. Coho are just like that.

I have a chartreuse vibrax spinner that once caught about a dozen coho when they would take nothing else. So I went out and got a bunch more, and have never got another touch on any of them since.

Same here around 2002 with a large spinner called the "coho killer". The coho were chasing the spinner up and out of the water....it was crazy. I went back and picked up 3 more at $12 each.. For a few return trips, I lost 1 to the river and never hooked another coho on them.

JohnB

Smolt
I just ordered a bunch of rvrfishr spoons from them. I even looked to see if they had bell body spinners but they don't currently.

The spoons look decent, similar quality to the original rvrfishers. The one thing I do not like about them are the massive 2/0 sickle hooks they come with, but I usually replace my spoon hooks with Owners anyways. I can just imagine how many trout and bulls would get K/O'd by people fishing 2/0 sickles.
Well that's the best damn news I've seen in a while. My stockpile of the OGs is diminishing.

What Owners do you swap on?

Rvrfisher360

Floatin’
Forum Supporter
Well that's the best damn news I've seen in a while. My stockpile of the OGs is diminishing.

What Owners do you swap on?

Size 1 typically for me.