Deals at online Retailers

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
most online fly shops have newsletters you can sign up for that offer some type of deal

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
most online fly shops have newsletters you can sign up for that offer some type of deal
Or tell you about deals. Telluride Angler, for example, today announced they have put all Sage X models on sale for 20% off.

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
This Etsy shop has a rotating list of interesting fly tying materials. I've bought a few things, including materials for a traditional Tupps Indispensable!

flybill

Life of the Party
I just got 24 size 14 prince nymphs for $14. We'll see how they hold up before I decide if it was a good impulsive deal or not a good deal. They look good though! I ran across it on Facebook..20220527_054404.jpg

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
J Stockard is usually competitive on fly tying material pricing. The 15% off code that ends today makes it a good time to stock up or try something new.

headduck

Steelhead
I wondered the same thing; they have some good testimonials.
I was told the drags are the same across tiers but housing/spools change (cast vs machined etc). Its just a little sealed cartridge.

While loading I did something (on account that I dont know sh!t and prolly user error).. sent an email and Lamson had a new drag unit out in a couple days and said if there were any more issues send the reel in they'd sort it... repair/replace.

Havent been able to actually test the drag in real world conditions yet... ive been trying...but so far the company was stand up... regardless of bargain bin purchase. For reference, I went with the liquid 3 pack.

Time will tell.

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
NRS has current sale on PFDs and other items. My favorite PFD, the Chinook OS, is $40 off.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
NRS has current sale on PFDs and other items. My favorite PFD, the Chinook OS, is $40 off.

They also have the thin-back Raku on sale that might work better for some folks.

Reactions: Zak

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
They also have the thin-back Raku on sale that might work better for some folks.

That one looks good, too. The Chinook OS has a high back that fits comfortably above my float tube, kayak, and dory seat backs.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
That one looks good, too. The Chinook OS has a high back that fits comfortably above my float tube, kayak, and dory seat backs.
Yeah, I've got one and like it.

But if your seat is high enough (or you are short enough) that the back pad still hits the seat and pushes you forward, you might be better off with the full, but thin, back of the Raku.

Just depends on your setup.

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter