Danish Stripping Baskets

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I was out on Key Peninsula yesterday and ran into three guys fishing Penrose Point. One of them had what appeared to be the small flat basket with spikes. When asked how he liked it, he replied “not at all.” The two others were sporting a flexible Take basket and a homemade Rubbermaid and Zip Tie special; both of which were judged more satisfactory.

On a related note; has anyone actually had a good day at Penrose? It’s sure pretty, and seems to have really nice structure, but has never failed to disappoint me from the catching perspective.

Never fished there but it has all the elements except maybe a decent size stream close by.
Used to dig a lot of clams there back in the day.
SF

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
Never fished there but it has all the elements except maybe a decent size stream close by.
Used to dig a lot of clams there back in the day.
SF
Maybe that's it; nearest stream is... not nearby. For some reason it always seems like the tide is lazier than it should be.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Scientific angler has brought the ecoastal basket stateside.

$90 - $100 and a hook and loop strip glued onto the basket attaches the belt to the basket? :unsure:
1st review on the SA website... 😯
"MAY 31, 2022
I really wanted to love this but the velcro strip that is glued to the basket pulled off almost entirely in under an hour the very first time I used it. This attachment design seems poorly thought out and is obviously the weak point of this product. I can’t imagine why the waist strap isn’t incorporated into the basket to provide a more secure connection. I will be returning this item for full refund."

Squatchin

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
$90 - $100 and a hook and loop strip glued onto the basket attaches the belt to the basket? :unsure:
1st review on the SA website... 😯
"MAY 31, 2022
I really wanted to love this but the velcro strip that is glued to the basket pulled off almost entirely in under an hour the very first time I used it. This attachment design seems poorly thought out and is obviously the weak point of this product. I can’t imagine why the waist strap isn’t incorporated into the basket to provide a more secure connection. I will be returning this item for full refund."
Hey I can't vouch to the quality of the product! 😉 My old plastic tub seems to work pretty good. A cold day in Jan, though I wish it was soft foam everytime I wrap rap my knuckles on it.

mickey rat

Vermin
I've got a number of days with the Flexistripper and prefer it, though it takes some adjustment. I like drawing my retrieve through the soft spikes and not having to think too much about where it's going. Not the best on short quick retrieves as it tends to ball up the line when recasting. (y)

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
I made a stripping mat for the casting deck of my drifter. Works pretty good
IMG_2030.jpeg