Danish Stripping Baskets

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I like a lot of the stuff the seatrout folks come up with over there. I wish some of their products were more readily available over here. Shipping from there can be a deal killer.
Maybe these will be available like the Linekurv and Take baskets have become over here.
The belly boat stripping basket looks like it would work well for my Commander, as I don’t like the stripping apron that is on it. Might work well for kayaks as well.
SF

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Those are pretty nice looking.

Converts to about $74 US. Might be worth picking one of those up. Anyone travelling to Scandinavia soon?

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Agree on the belly boat basket. I'm wondering if I can DIY something similar, and could also use it on the bow of the drifter when fishing lakes. Some kind of rubber mat and zip ties?

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter

Squatchin

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Scientific angler has brought the ecoastal basket stateside.

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
I got a flexistripper as a gift a while back and although a bit skeptical at first, I really like the goofy thing, works really well IMO, super lite and no more rapping my knuckles on the rim of the basket, a habit or adjustment I could never seem to get dialed in.

Chris Johnson

Steelhead
I got a flexistripper as a gift a while back and although a bit skeptical at first, I really like the goofy thing, works really well IMO, super lite and no more rapping my knuckles on the rim of the basket, a habit or adjustment I could never seem to get dialed in.
Have you ever tried two handed stripping with it?

SpawnFlyFish

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Im a huge fan of the flexi stripper Ive wrote a blog about it on our site as well as a few YouTube videos on why I prefer it over more traditional stripping baskets! Theres quite a few color options as well as a new yellow and black collaboration with loon that will come out soon for everyone that is a loon fan!

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
I like the idea of these and might have to give them a shot. I think they would be great for use in my boat (especially the flexi stripper) and solid for SRC on the beach but wonder about coho from the beach. I like the thought of not having to flip my basket to drain it but wonder if that open design would catch salad in the spines, current on bigger water would pull line off the platform, etc. only one way to find out I suppose.

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
Hi honey, I need another $60+ silly plastic nipple basket. No, no, it’s super different from the two I already have. See, with the open front design, [silenced by look of utter incredulity]

ThatGuyRyRy

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I like the idea of these and might have to give them a shot. I think they would be great for use in my boat (especially the flexi stripper) and solid for SRC on the beach but wonder about coho from the beach. I like the thought of not having to flip my basket to drain it but wonder if that open design would catch salad in the spines, current on bigger water would pull line off the platform, etc. only one way to find out I suppose.
I found a foldable fabric laundry basket which I use as my stripping basket on the boat. I think it works a lot better and was a lot cheaper too.

Divad

Whitefish
I still use a plastic tub with the lid screwed onto the back and hot glued. I’m too much of an on the margin thinker and want a 3d printer. For a couple more hundred I could make my own and a fleet of them.

Especially the flexistripper which is a preposterous plastic plate with holes for $65. But at least they give an elastic belt I will say that.

Chucker

Steelhead
I found a foldable fabric laundry basket which I use as my stripping basket on the boat. I think it works a lot better and was a lot cheaper too.

I have a big pop-up bin thing for a boat basket too. Got the idea from Ira when I fished with him a couple of seasons ago. It’s great, but the wire of the spring seems to be starting to rust, so I will be needing something new soon.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
I have a big pop-up bin thing for a boat basket too. Got the idea from Ira when I fished with him a couple of seasons ago. It’s great, but the wire of the spring seems to be starting to rust, so I will be needing something new soon.
What kind of pop up bin thing? I’m thinking of making a mat for the front deck of my drifter, but a lot of the time I’m stripping onto the floor at my side.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter

For sure, I use one as well occasionally. Doubles as a tote to haul tuff too and from the boat as well.

I was thinking this would be a good in that it would allow movement around the boat fast and not to bulky when attached.

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
I was out on Key Peninsula yesterday and ran into three guys fishing Penrose Point. One of them had what appeared to be the small flat basket with spikes. When asked how he liked it, he replied “not at all.” The two others were sporting a flexible Take basket and a homemade Rubbermaid and Zip Tie special; both of which were judged more satisfactory.

On a related note; has anyone actually had a good day at Penrose? It’s sure pretty, and seems to have really nice structure, but has never failed to disappoint me from the catching perspective.