NFR College Football 2022

Non-fishing related

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Nice complete team game by the dawgs. We'll see how well it travels in the Rose Bowl. Friday night lights, Huskies and Bruins.
1664147018141.png

Last edited:

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
Interesting that starting this year, the PAC 10 will no longer have the division champions playing in the conference's championship game. The two teams with the best conference winning percentage will play in the championship.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I guess they don't get to play all of their games at home. This week they will have to face literally hundreds of hostile fans in the Rose Bowl.

What are you thinking, maybe 300 or so? 😂
It’s odd how pathetic attendance is at their home games.
SF

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
I've lived in Corvallis since the mid 70s so I'm a Beav by default ... didn't go to college at OSU but living here pulls you into the sports.

So we've seen a lot of terrible Beav teams. The one up and running right now is not looking too shabby. We'll see.

I've always leaned toward the Cougs after the Beaves because they are also located in a small college town... plus a close friend and fellow outdoor writer, Dave Engerbrestson, taught at WSU... and so did (does?) the famous outdoor humor writer Patrick McManus. So, I was hoping the Cougs would win and up until the very end, it looked like they would. Bummer.

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Another one bites the dust along with the AD…
The coach will have $11+ million to help soothe the pain.
SF

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Georgia Tech used to have some half assed good football teams. When you start to skid, you kind of just keep it up.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Georgia Tech used to have some half assed good football teams. When you start to skid, you kind of just keep it up.

They had decent success with their previous coach running the option.
I can’t see a lot of young skill players getting too excited these days to play in that type of offense.
They had almost an entirely new offensive staff this year. It just didn’t work out.
SF

Landlocked

Steelhead
I've lived in Corvallis since the mid 70s so I'm a Beav by default ... didn't go to college at OSU but living here pulls you into the sports.

So we've seen a lot of terrible Beav teams. The one up and running right now is not looking too shabby. We'll see.

I've always leaned toward the Cougs after the Beaves because they are also located in a small college town... plus a close friend and fellow outdoor writer, Dave Engerbrestson, taught at WSU... and so did (does?) the famous outdoor humor writer Patrick McManus. So, I was hoping the Cougs would win and up until the very end, it looked like they would. Bummer.
I took a flyfishing class from Dave in the 80’s in Pullman. He’d put us in the pool in a Bucks Bag doughnut and different types of fins to test how efficient they were. I gave good memories of Dave as an instructor.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You can win anywhere if your willing to make it the big time where your at. Frosty Westering was a great example at PLU. Many winning teams and several NFL players. Nothing attracts players more than winning football. You win then all the accolades start to follow, not to mention scouts and all the hoopla. At least before all this NIL and big tv contract stuff. 😞

OSU has a very good coach right now. Keep him. Things will turn out for the best for most part. Make him the Mark Few of Corvallis.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
They had decent success with their previous coach running the option.
I can’t see a lot of young skill players getting too excited these days to play in that type of offense.
They had almost an entirely new offensive staff this year. It just didn’t work out.
SF
Fans suck! They would rather lose looking like everybody els than win being contrarian. Coach Johnson is a flexbone coach and GA Tech won a lot of games while he was there. They are NEVER going to be Georgia...they can’t get those athletes.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
So its Friday night. Boise State not looking too good. May set a record for penalties in their game against SD state. Later its dawgs vs bruins. Road games are tough and the dawgs may have an issue. I think bruins will beat em but it'll be close. Any predictions? Interesting note, dawgs among leaders in sacks and Ducks haven't allowed one yet. Makes for an interesting game in Eugene.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Good win for the Bruins.
Too many mistakes and terrible tackling and coverage by the db’s in the first half to overcome the hole they were in.
I do like that they didn’t give up.
SF