clueless about the Sound

Wayne Kohan

Life of the Party
I'll be visiting my daughter and son-in-law the first weekend in January, they live on Point No Point road right on the water. I have never fished the saltwater. Would it be worthwhile to bring the fishing rods, maybe some SRC action right out the back door?

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I would say, yes. If you don't you'll likely wish you had. There are others much more familiar with that area than me. I'm sure they will chime in.

Safe travels to ya.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
If you are willing to travel just a bit to fish for src, then I’d say yes. If you plan to fish like right at PNP for cutts, then I’d say no unless you just want to practice casting.
SF

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I agree with Brian. If your only option would be fishing out the backdoor, then I'd say skip the rods and just enjoy time with family in a cool location. If you had a little time and could travel a bit it would be a different story.

I live just a few minutes down the road from there are personally I'd rather just go for a walk on the beach than spend any time fishing that zone this time of year.

If blackmouth was open I'd probably have a different attitude but to be honest I don't even know if area 9 is opening for bm at all this year.

If you decide you're willing to drive a bit shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to give you a few ideas.

Wayne Kohan

Life of the Party
Thanks guys. I will have to give it some thought. We are heading up on a Saturday and leaving on Tuesday, was thinking I might fish Monday as my daughter and son-in-law will be working. But if the prospects are poor in that area, I will probably beach walk with my wife and grand-dog. I really love exploring that area, some great hikes around there.