Cell Phone Pics

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Some great cell phone shots, and here's a terrible snap of a herd of blue mountain elk. I stopped in a cut so I didn't spook 'em, and the pic is terrible. A big one with a rack, but no little ones yet. This is further north than I usually see them.
20230314_bluemtnelk.jpg
Even as I steeped out into view, the big bull on the edge was watching me. I made it quick and went on, needed a real camera to do it right.
20230314_rack.jpg

G_Smolt

Legend
20230324_092957-01.jpeg
A good cell phone pic, mostly because I've been waiting 2 years for this trip.

New sneakers (replaced the ones I gave to a CXI guide in 2019), new backpack/hip pack (because the old ones probably would have given up the ghost after a week in warm, salty water), 972 new flies (and packing a few of the old ones as well). Wrapped, strapped, stacked, tied, looped, loaded, and set.

My only complaint is it takes 2 days to get to the tropics from AK, and that sucks.

T-minus 12hrs, fisha.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
One of my cell phone pictures from last spring is on the cover of the Deschutes River Alliance spring newsletter.
Congratulations! Nice shot.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
View attachment 59085
A good cell phone pic, mostly because I've been waiting 2 years for this trip.

New sneakers (replaced the ones I gave to a CXI guide in 2019), new backpack/hip pack (because the old ones probably would have given up the ghost after a week in warm, salty water), 972 new flies (and packing a few of the old ones as well). Wrapped, strapped, stacked, tied, looped, loaded, and set.

My only complaint is it takes 2 days to get to the tropics from AK, and that sucks.

T-minus 12hrs, fisha.
May the Bones be with you...(sounds of swishing light sabers)...

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Certainly didn't think it would be like this today. Was gonna go for a walk after class but need proper footwear first.
20230403_082544.jpg
20230403_083131.jpg

klq@stl

Steelhead
I need some help figuring out how to take a pic with my "new" cell phone??
martin-cooper-04.jpg

From Martin Cooper to Gordon Moore, you've come a long way in 50 years.

Last edited:

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
Flat calm for a bit yesterday morning....IMG_E5893[1].JPG

and I was lucky enough to see a couple of these guys playing around
IMG_E5888[1].JPG

and if my cell battery hadn't died in the morning chill, I would have had an image with an otter, a loon, AND a seal. A wee bit of a treat...or so I thought. :)

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Old IPhone 8. I’m surprised it still works knowing all I’ve put it through. Looking forward to a newer version.

This heron cooperated nicely though, with some carp swirling in the background that have recently moved into the shallows.

9B60B3E7-BDAC-4365-9454-AA4CE8F185C7.jpeg