Cell Phone Pics

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'm really digging on the camera quality from my new Galaxy S22
View attachment 32406
Love mine too.

I'm really digging that toad tuna shot! Love the angle. Really close to an albacore painting idea that's been floating in my noggin for a while. Mind if I use that for an art reference?

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Seems lots of people have the S22, any tips and trick to fully utilize this platform? Currently I treat it like any phone in the past, hit the circle button to take a picture. The most advanced I have achieved so far is figuring out the zoom(that's cool) and turning flash on/off.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Seems lots of people have the S22, any tips and trick to fully utilize this platform? Currently I treat it like any phone in the past, hit the circle button to take a picture. The most advanced I have achieved so far is figuring out the zoom(that's cool) and turning flash on/off.
I'm still working out the edit features, but seems they mostly aren't needed other than crops and leveling.

If I do mess with adjustments, I usually start with Exposure, then Light Balance, Brightness, Saturation, and repeat same sequence. I've found Contrast is touchy and used sparingly.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter

Last night's full moon over Central Italy. Cropped and auto-filtered in phone. Samsung S22 Ultra 5G, 30x zoom.

View attachment 31630

Kenneth

Love mine too.

I'm really digging that toad tuna shot! Love the angle. Really close to an albacore painting idea that's been floating in my noggin for a while. Mind if I use that for an art reference?
Wow I am impressed with y'all's S22 photos, and the auto-filter and edit capability!
I just had to replace my S10e after a quick dunk with a S22+. The S22+ is too big for the old pack strap pouch that also held my Olympus TG5. Pouches for a 6.6" phone don't have room to hold both the S22+ and the camera but it looks like I may not need to carry the TG5 unless I want underwater photos. 🤔

Kenneth Yong

Fishy Spam
Forum Supporter
I'm pretty happy with my S22 Ultra, although I can never quite get the moon as I would like it, still too far for pin-sharp images. But for stuff that's not hundreds of thousands of miles away, it does a good job. I put up some samples here: S22 Wildlife pics. I especially like the 10X periscopic optical zoom, opens up a whole lot of possibilities.

This alpha Proboscis Monkey, for example, was almost as far away as the moon, and the shot (later cropped) was grabbed from a moving boat, but it still turned out pretty decent, the OIS coupled with EIS worked some magic:
AL9nZEUWunxPEbuRZuWyG6fVLGDeGBX4u-nPX9cPdBsrhL6t05C2LVb14mcpW9fPwhUHLXrsjGCaqvkoPgAMneX6Wk9So8RLr1qUyicNGfQNBPK7c7v-oy9gVEnh0OvQIZ9yLqEXPCMQV_80fgjkfobv56mp=w1024-h576-no

Kenneth