Canyon Creek

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Every canyon creek I know is full of devil's club, tweakers, and Samsquench. I highly recommend any Rock Creek in any state.

Don't ask @Old Man, he's a hotspotter
There is another Canyon Creek in Washington that is a little better known. I'm surprised that nobody mentioned it. I fished the hell out of it. Caught fish in the lower portions of it, Out of the middle and out of the top of it. There used to be a shit load of logging roads that were open. But when all the red necks started dumping their garbage in the woods they closed them all off. The was a sad day when that happened Lots of good access just disappeared.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Yes indeed, the old man knows all! I don't believe there is a moving water in this state that he has not explored.
I heard of some things about this creek. I also heard that it doesn't get any big fish in it because of it being screwed up and Steelhead can't get into it. They are all just native fish in there. Something like a small falls on that little creek or a blockage of some kind.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Anyone up for a group outing to Canyon Creek? I don’t care which one. I just need some solitude. ;)
SF

Mukman

Life of the Party
There is another Canyon Creek in Washington that is a little better known. I'm surprised that nobody mentioned it. I fished the hell out of it. Caught fish in the lower portions of it, Out of the middle and out of the top of it. There used to be a shit load of logging roads that were open. But when all the red necks started dumping their garbage in the woods they closed them all off. The was a sad day when that happened Lots of good access just disappeared.
I was thinking the same thing - I know that one well. Almost got shot when I stumbled into some strange encampment up there, and have been reluctant to go back.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
View attachment 33626
Canyon Creek this coming Saturday.

Do we have a hotspotting police? Go easy on Tom I think he's just starting out?

Maybe we could get a hotspotting etiquette/rules thread going? Heck I don't even know the rules...

Edit: pic is Canyon Creek Oregon :geek:
This looks like Tokul creek in the spring time about 50 years ago. Except that creek was a bit wider and shallower.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
There is always Crab Creek. How does one find it? Follow the Soap Lake girls...
At least Canyon Creek isn't infested with ticks and rattlesnakes. So there's that. And the nice thing about hotspotting Canyon Creek is that anyone who fishes there deserves it.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
I went to canyon creek elementary school when it 1st opened up, and I worked at canyon creek cabinets.