Canyon Creek

Tom.S

Smolt
Does any one know how to get to Canyon Creek? The rep at Confluence said that’s a good place to go and described the road paralleling the creek up by Mt. Baker?

I don’t see this on the maps.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Does any one know how to get to Canyon Creek? The rep at Confluence said that’s a good place to go and described the road paralleling the creek up by Mt. Baker?

I don’t see this on the maps.
Get this book and have everything fishable in oregon at your fingertips.
20220922_092332.jpg

tatross

Smolt
Forum Supporter
The canyon creek that I know is up State route 20 "north cascades highway". It starts at mile marker 138 the confluence of of ruby and granite creeks the granite creek and canyon merge to form ruby creek which is closed to fishing down into Ross Lake. Canyon creek is fishable. More so than granite creek. Not familiar of another canyon creek in the mount baker area.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
I will buy this as I plan to fish there. Thank you for the heads up. I’m searching it now.

The canyon creek I mentioned I should have clarified better. It is supposed to be up by Mt. Baker.

Thank you so much for the heads up on the book. I’m buying it.
I looked in the index and there's only 1 canyon creek listed in oregon, all the zones.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
There is a forest service road accessing the creek mid reach.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Oh it would help if I wasn't confusing Mt baker with Mt Jefferson. It's in Washington not Oregon, my bad I was just assuming Oregon because your last post was about fishing places near portland.

tatross

Smolt
Forum Supporter
If its The Canyon creek located in washington off the north cascades highway then Im on it . If its in another state or another part of Washington then Im probably not your source for intell.

Xoxo

The fly shop in Bellingham helped me many years ago when i booked a cabin in Glacier one summer to fly fish the Nooksack. The guy was so nice and told me the Nooksack waters were running glacial and I would be better off fishing Canyon Creek instead. He also told me to use Royal Wulff‘s . He was so right!

That was one of my more successful fishing trips. The access was very easy. I had the whole creek to myself for hours and felt safe fishing alone when my husband and brother went on a rafting trip. The rainbow were my favorite size …(about 10”, some a little bigger.) It was a short walk from the cabin and it was very easy to wade that summer. Nothing like fishing the Yakima. I would have loved to have gone back every year.

If you Google you will probably find trail information too.