Can’t sleep; too stoked

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Going on another weeklong trout fishing excursion with my Pops in North Idahontana. Everything is packed except the coolers which need ice and the food out of the fridge. Maybe I should wake him up and hit the road. That would make for an interesting day/start to the week! The point is to relax but I’m excited nonetheless.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Going on another weeklong trout fishing excursion with my Pops in North Idahontana. Everything is packed except the coolers which need ice and the food out of the fridge. Maybe I should wake him up and hit the road. That would make for an interesting day/start to the week! The point is to relax but I’m excited nonetheless.
Just take off. I love a night drive. Time it so your out of the gorge heading east around sunrise.

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
Have a great trip, and make some even better memories!

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Well we just got back tonight and it was another great trip. I think I’ll sleep well tonight, especially since I feel clean and tick-free. Yeah, my kid mentioned as I had my shirt off, hot from unloading—Hey Daddy you should definitely get that black thing on your back looked at. My wife did the honors of removing it. Thanks, hon!
I plan to post pics and stuff in the next few days. Oh and the night I posted this thread I didn’t get to sleep until after 1 I’d guess, and slept like sh*t. Mind racing. But in a good way. Not in an obsessing over work or crisis kind of way. It would have been nice to catch some more Zs though. I was up at 5. Dad drove for a spell and I caught a nap. Both ways, actually. 👍

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Can’t wait to hear the report!
And a negative Lyme disease test.
I think it’s a Rocky Mountain wood tick. I saved it. I don’t know why. I’ve had many ticks, especially when I lived in north Alabama as a kid. Never saved one before. I think I might be hoping it will suffer in isopropyl before it succumbs.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
I think it’s a Rocky Mountain wood tick. I saved it. I don’t know why. I’ve had many ticks, especially when I lived in north Alabama as a kid. Never saved one before. I think I might be hoping it will suffer in isopropyl before it succumbs.
You could just mount the head and put it up on the wall.
You know, as a kind of memorial to the trip :ROFLMAO:

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Wife and I are climbing on a plane in a bit to return home from Rhode Island. We’re just up the road from Lyme, CT… hotbed from hence the disease was named.
Been keeping my head on a swivel every time I’ve brushed against a shrub or a tree.

Looking forward to a report as well, trips with Dad are priceless.