Bread Thread

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I just returned from an 8 day stay with friends in Vancouver and one of the highlights was coaching the wife on bread making. They were here 2 years ago and liked my bread so much that they went home and duplicated everything I do to make it. She had never baked before. On this trip I taught her the stretch and fold technique where no mixer is used. The bread came out so good and got so much oven spring from the pan of hot water in the oven that it was really impressive. We also did ginger cookies with fresh ginger that are superb broken into small pieces and covered with vanilla ice cream. On another day we did pineapple filled cookies which are the greatest for camping since they don't tend to dry out. And finally a buttermilk cornbread in cast iron that was slathered in butter and honey-almost a dessert!

Fun times with an oven.

Aufwuchs

Steelhead
I just discovered this bread thread. Some amazing stuff here. Gary, I would love to get your rye bread recipe if you don't mind sharing it.

Reactions: Zak

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Pizza night!

My dough recipe is constantly changing but right now its

50% cairn springs glacier peak (I think a t85)
50% cairn springs 1109. (I think a t65)
3% salt
15% starter
70% water

Cooking
77192F35-2F94-4457-B7BB-B7F09829E6CD.jpeg

Cheese for the kid770FDB7D-4FF9-488E-975B-EFABC8EDE0DB.jpeg

Shallots, harissa bread crumbs (from the weeks bread), and topped with arugula for the vegetarian wife
8A9E51F0-BD08-47F4-BC6C-15CD0B197BE1.jpeg

Pepperoni for me
53784CB9-D45B-447B-B026-4E61E58BFA00.jpeg

And an extra floater cheese for good measure a (not pictured)

Last edited:

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Thanks to @iveoflone asking how to post pics, I made my 1st loaf since helping my mom some 47 years ago. Turned out damn fine, but crust was a smidgen over cook but now have a base line to go from!
Thanks Ive!

16466106041406574022907666290448.jpg

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Thanks to @iveoflone asking how to post pics, I made my 1st loaf since helping my mom some 47 years ago. Turned out damn fine, but crust was a smidgen over cook but now have a base line to go from!
Thanks Ive!

View attachment 7808

Looks just right to me, nice and golden brown(I like a good crisp crust).

cheers