Bread Thread

ThatGuyRyRy

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
What oven did you end up with?
We got a Frigidaire gallery Induction with Total Convection oven. It honestly is amazing.

I followed up with Gary and followed his instructions to do the bake using the steam bake setting. I baked it with steam for 20 minutes at 450. Then it has a built-in thermometer to be able to read the internal temperature of whatever food that you were cooking. I set the food probe to cook to an internal temperature of 190 degrees after the steam bake and the loaf is perfection.

There are just too many cool features on the oven. I can't recommend it enough. Though I have only had it like a week and a half so time will tell.

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
Ive read everything from 180 to 210. What’s your (meaning everyone’s) temp that you call it at? Totally fine if your answer is “when it sounds hollow” ;)
I don't normally temp mine. My baking temp and procedure are always the same and I judge by color. I should start temping them to find out. Sometimes I will temp enriched doughs because I don't have as good of a feel, and they go to 200 for me.