Boat Trailer Tires

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
I am playing around getting my 20 year old boat and trailer in the water and need to replace the tires.

The original tires are Carlisle 4.80 x 12's. I can get new ones at Discount Tire but with the mounting fee it nearly doubles the price of the tire...making the final bill just shy of $190 for two tires.

I know I'm a cheap bastard...but are there any other options out there? I found some pre-mounted tires/wheels on line but they're some brand I've never heard of.

Any suggestions? Or is it this simply what it costs anymore?

Mike d

M_D

Forum Supporter
Suhwheet! Thanks for the info guys.

I'm gonna throw Discount Tire a bone here. I was gonna order up the online set @Mtnwkr linked above but it seemed kinda wasteful to throw away or recycle the old rims and since the Discount Tire sales rep mentioned something about price matching after I nixed my initial order I went in to talk with them.

They met the online price and I'm out the door for $100.58 (y)

Gotta love it....glad I asked the group.

Mike d

Last edited:

M_D

Forum Supporter
Plasma?!…who’da thunk it….I was contemplating some rouge and high heels …’cuz guys like that’ (per Lewis Black) and then hanging out downtown by an alley. ;)

dep

Steelhead
one other suggestion: start with a new spare as well. using an existing tire for a spare only to sit for more time is just going to fail when you really need to use it. in my book, it is worth the extra money

Reactions: M_D