Blast from the past - drone video of me spey casting 6 years ago!!

Kado

Steelhead
Bill.....I was hoping to see a slow mo video of you rocketing a cast across the river, the line and tight loop looking like an irresistible force as the fly lands gently on the water. : )

flybill

Life of the Party
Love the Guideline stuff! Love the music too! That La Cie kicks ass, I've cast it more than a few times and have friends who own that rod!

My video was put together and there's a ton of additional footage.. at one point the drone was about 10' above my head and I was worried I would get my line into it!

I will probably get a small drone in the future and play around with it at some of the Spey events I go too. Plus use it to scout locations and see if people are already down where I want to fish! Ha!

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
I love those big river and spey rod shots. That is what it is all about. You can just rip it on your casts and the fish have room to play.

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Must be awkward having a drone following you around, let alone the full orchestra. Loose lips and all….

the_grube

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Nice video. The sound-track for my spey casting would be more like Looney Tunes background music, with lots of 'wahhh, waaahhh, waaaahhhhs'