Ask the Camp Chef

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I am a salt fiend, my wife has doesn't use it. My wife got put on high blood pressure meds about a year ago. I pretty much stopped cooking with it. For someone who didn't salt her food, she noticed right away I wasn't using it any more. I hit my food with Johnny's Seasoning Salt.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I salt only a few things. Mashed potatoes, watermelon, salads (no dressing), eggs, and raw tomatoes.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I am a salt fiend, my wife has doesn't use it. My wife got put on high blood pressure meds about a year ago. I pretty much stopped cooking with it. For someone who didn't salt her food, she noticed right away I wasn't using it any more. I hit my food with Johnny's Seasoning Salt.

Johnny’s is good stuff. I always have some on hand.
My mom lives with a lady at her care facility whose family founded Johnny’s in Tacoma.
SF

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Johnny’s is good stuff. I always have some on hand.
My mom lives with a lady at her care facility whose family founded Johnny’s in Tacoma.
SF
I believe my grandparents knew the family.
You could always see the yellow lid in the kitchen at grandma's. Actually, in every family members kitchen now.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
It's in Waxahachie, TX. Great youtube series and lots of fantastic recipes for rustic cooking