Area 9 Opener

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
Couldn’t ask for a more perfect tide setup for the July 14 Area 9 opener:
image.jpg
One of the bigger exchanges of the year, with high slack right around sunrise.

I’ll be out flogging some Hansville beaches for one last skunking before my wife’s July 22 due date - anyone else joining the fun?
image.jpg

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
I'll give it a shot

NRC

Forum Supporter
I was planning on taking my boat out for the morning for the opener. Not sure my ramp exists at -4.12. Guess ill have to fish all day. Darn.
That’s the tide forecast for Tacoma Narrows for what it’s worth. But yeah it’s a low low!

Bagman

Steelhead
That’s the tide forecast for Tacoma Narrows for what it’s worth. But yeah it’s a low low!
I was trying to figure out where that tide reading was coming from. A 17 foot exchange in MA 9 is not exactly a great tide. As a matter of fact we are not going to see a really great tide for any of the 6 days of the season this year. 🤬

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I was trying to figure out where that tide reading was coming from. A 17 foot exchange in MA 9 is not exactly a great tide. As a matter of fact we are not going to see a really great tide for any of the 6 days of the season this year. 🤬

Al,
Not psyched about full moon but I’ve got to disagree with you on the tide.
That early morning high Thursday is a 4:30 and gives you seven hours of moving water and easy access to fish over eel grass beds.
It’s only about a 14’ exchange where I’m thinking and the outgoing always fished best in my opinion.
Good luck out there.
SF

Bagman

Steelhead
Al,
Not psyched about full moon but I’ve got to disagree with you on the tide.
That early morning high Thursday is a 4:30 and gives you seven hours of moving water and easy access to fish over eel grass beds.
It’s only about a 14’ exchange where I’m thinking and the outgoing always fished best in my opinion.
Good luck out there.
SF
I will report back to you on how it goes. I really don’t enjoy all the greenery that comes in on that big of an exchange. Except at a MA 9 spot that is not fishable This year.

dep

Steelhead
I'll be in Area 10 on Sunday - Lincoln Park.
Larson boat with 140 Suzuki on the back
~El Pescador (lefty, but you can't tell when down riggin')

ThatGuyRyRy

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Posted in General Channel, but I have open seats for tomorrow if two persons are interested!

NRC

Forum Supporter
Banner day for me. Three 3-4ish lb unclipped coho and one kids meal 2lb clipped coho that I decided to go ahead and take home to the smoker. My last outing that lengthy for a while - glad the fish gods smiled on me.

All good size fish on a three inch chart/pink clouser.

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Wished I could have fished this morning, that was a great tide, what more can you ask for? :)

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Isn't MA 9 Closed to all salmon fishing Sunday through Wednesday until July 28th?

Curt

Yup, you are 100% correct. I had it in my head it was open Thursday’s through Sundays until 28th.

Oh well, 9 will have to wait until next weekend.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter