ancient aliens

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
That is an interesting vise for sure. Never heard of a Thompson F but they must have continued along the alphabet after making the Thompson A . Looks a little art deco. I'd keep it for the unique design and heritage ... assuming it is related to the company that made the Thompson A vise.

Cowlitz Bottomfeeder

Life of the Party
That is an interesting vise for sure. Never heard of a Thompson F but they must have continued along the alphabet after making the Thompson A . Looks a little art deco. I'd keep it for the unique design and heritage ... assuming it is related to the company that made the Thompson A vise.
My guess is that it was made in the 1950’s or 60’s.

I did a google search and found a 2012 post on the classic fly rod forum. The vise was a DH Thompson made in Elgin, IL. The 1963 catalog listed an improved model made of cast aluminum that is 50% lighter. Thompson manufactured models A-G. There were copies made by Herters.

Last edited:

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Georgio- he’s my guy
I dig that show. I think a lot it could be explained by recognizing there was more global cultural interaction than we currently know off. Some of it's way out there. But I've seen UFO's twice, and in all the years I worked in the mountains I had one bigfoot encounter, which is the same as the number of times I encountered a cougar. Mysteries for sure.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I dig that show. I think a lot it could be explained by recognizing there was more global cultural interaction than we currently know off. Some of it's way out there. But I've seen UFO's twice, and in all the years I worked in the mountains I had one bigfoot encounter, which is the same as the number of times I encountered a cougar. Mysteries for sure.
See. - there you go.
I’d like to know how some of that big stuff was built. Waaaay back in the day. Perhaps there have been several cycles of civilization on the planet that were wiped out and eventually replaced over 50-70,000 years. Probably on the way for that to happen again.

Aufwuchs

Steelhead
Big time thread drift but I want to know more about the UFO and Bigfoot sightings.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Big time thread drift but I want to know more about the UFO and Bigfoot sightings.
~1975 North end lake washington saw a flying barrel with a friend, 2015 lewis peak area with my wife, more or less the same, bigfoot 1993 walla walla watershed, rock throwing for a long period of time and a uphill through the brush visual (my rodman was so freaked we left).

Last edited:

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Cougars were thick during 80s at the local watering holes; some great club bands also rolled thru on a weekly basis…fun times for sure. 😉