Air fryer update

kerrys

Ignored Member
Based on your recommendation Ive, we are now a two air fryer family.

Our first is a smaller Gourmia unit that sometimes got crowded.

Both have manual controls for simplicity sake.

Breaded chicken tenderloins in the Cosori came out tenderly delicious!

I need to up my breading game. I have been using a mix of Seasoned Coating Mix and Panko Bread Crumbs but not real happy with a sufficient stick to the coating.
I use leftover bread slices for the base of my breading. I save the ends of the loaves, some call them the heel or Johnny of the loaf. I usually have a slice or two also left from a loaf. I will dry these in the oven set at low. Haven’t tried drying them in the air fryer yet. I store the dried bread slices in a brown paper bag. If kept dark and dry the bread will stay good for months. When I need breading I run a slice or two of the dried bread through the food processor until they are a fine crumb. Learned to save the bread from my mother. I’ll mix in some spices like paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, etc. I’m pretty light on the spice. Sometimes I just use something like Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning mixed in the breadcrumbs. Lightly coat the fish with olive olive then liberally coat with seasoned breadcrumbs.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I haven't tried it a ton, but I've yet to crack the code of air fryer fish. Every time I've tried I came away disappointed. Seems like I keep over cooking and drying out the fish.

I dont make breaded fish very often these days, so it's definitely not the end of the world, but I would like to get it dialed in at some point.

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
Cosori arrived yesterday. Chopped up a spud while going through the recommended initial break in process and checked temps with laser thermometer. Everything seemed copacetic. I cooked up a spud's worth of fresh french fries according to instructions with the machine. Very tasty, better by far than pan fried or oven baked. Crisp skin, fluffy inside. A good first stop on this new adventure. I'm looking forward to wings, but grandma won't have to witness a whole fried chicken...I would not do that to her. Thanks Ive!

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
My wife and adult children still talk about my potato soup which happened about 25 years ago, and it was not a positive experience.
Our middle aged children still recount my attempts at wok cooking over 40 years ago with genuine disgust.

Apparently stir-fried deli ham breaded with egg does not constitute authentic Asian cuisine.

Last edited:

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I use leftover bread slices for the base of my breading. I save the ends of the loaves, some call them the heel or Johnny of the loaf. I usually have a slice or two also left from a loaf. I will dry these in the oven set at low. Haven’t tried drying them in the air fryer yet. I store the dried bread slices in a brown paper bag. If kept dark and dry the bread will stay good for months. When I need breading I run a slice or two of the dried bread through the food processor until they are a fine crumb. Learned to save the bread from my mother. I’ll mix in some spices like paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, etc. I’m pretty light on the spice. Sometimes I just use something like Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning mixed in the breadcrumbs. Lightly coat the fish with olive olive then liberally coat with seasoned breadcrumbs.
I use the first heel for the first sandwich of the loaf and the other for the last sandwich of the loaf the way the good Lord intended.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
New recipe, zucchini chips. Slice, dip in egg wash, toss with panko, old croutons, touch of flour and seasonings. Lay out add drop of oil. 12mi 370.
20220501_171646.jpg
And thin chuck steak. Snider's rub, spray of oil, 2.5min.
20220501_172201.jpg
Good and easy.

MELinOre

Steelhead
I have recently discovered cooking hamburger patties in the air fryer. Works great!
Thawed patty = 8 minutes @ 375 (frozen patty = 10 minutes @ 375) flip patty at half of cooking time.
Cook the patty on a half sheet of aluminum foil to keep the grease from getting on/in the fryer.
Add a tablespoon of water to the bottom of the fryer to keep the meat from drying out. (Good tip for frying fish)

Start the fries in the smaller air fryer and work on the burger fixings until there is about 10 minutes left on the FF.
Pop the hamburger patty into the large fryer(easier to flip the patty in the larger Cosori).
Continue working on the burger condiments.
Both fries and burger should finish about the same time, but you can leave the fries in the air fryer where they will keep hot until you are ready to eat.

Enjoy!

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I love my air fryer.

So many recipes out there for quality cooked food.

MELinOre

Steelhead
Cosori Air Fryer Recall

The following Cosori air fryers model numbers are affected by the recall:

CP158-AF
CP158-AF-R19
CP158-AF-RXW
CP158-AF-RXR
CAF-P581-BUSR
CAF-P581-AUSR
CAF-P581-RUSR
CP137-AF
CP137-AF-RXB
CP137-AF-RXR
CP137-AF-RXW
CS158-AF
CS158-AF-RXB
CS158-AF-R19
CAF-P581S-BUSR
CAF-P581S-RUSR
CAF-P581S-AUSR
CO137-AF
CO158-AF
CO158-AF-RXB
CP258-AF

Link to Cosori Air Fryer Recall

kerrys

Ignored Member
Cosori Air Fryer Recall

The following Cosori air fryers model numbers are affected by the recall:

CP158-AF
CP158-AF-R19
CP158-AF-RXW
CP158-AF-RXR
CAF-P581-BUSR
CAF-P581-AUSR
CAF-P581-RUSR
CP137-AF
CP137-AF-RXB
CP137-AF-RXR
CP137-AF-RXW
CS158-AF
CS158-AF-RXB
CS158-AF-R19
CAF-P581S-BUSR
CAF-P581S-RUSR
CAF-P581S-AUSR
CO137-AF
CO158-AF
CO158-AF-RXB
CP258-AF

Link to Cosori Air Fryer Recall
Requested my replacement this morning. Tried to do it last night but I think there was a bug in the request form. Could not get past one certain spot. This morning the web based request form worked.

Here is the link to request a replacement

MELinOre

Steelhead
I didn't read the instructions carefully, and didn't notice that each of the three submitted pictures had to include the Batch Number(s/n) so had to resubmit my replacement request this morning.

They are now 8 weeks out on shipment of replacement units as opposed to the 5-6 weeks quoted on Thursday.