6 V battery charger

O clarkii lewisi

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I know that there is another thread on this but I cannot find it with my searching. I am about to order
NOCO GENIUS1, 1A Fully-Automatic Smart Charger, 6V and 12V Portable Automotive Car Battery Charger,

My intent is to use it to maintain my camper trailer batteries. My batteries are

Interstate GC2 Deep Cycle Extreme Golf Cart Battery — 6V, 225Ah, Model# GC2-ECL-UTL

I know just enough to know that this charger is a 6V and my batteries are 6V. Will this charger work for my batteries? And does anyone have experience with this NOCO? I don't want to spend a lot of money and this seems to have good reviews.
Thanks in advance to this crew for answers!

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I have the Noco 10 charger and it's been fine so far for charging my lifepo4 battery. Though admittedly I haven't had it for long.

As far as I know, all the Noco Genius chargers will charge 6/12v and lead acid/gel/lithium. They just do it at different rates. This was a useful read for me:

I looked at the Noco Genius 5 and the Noco Genius 1, but for my purposes (LifePo4 trolling motor battery and an old lead acid trolling motor battery) I decided I wanted the faster charge and better "repair" capabilities of the Genius 10. But I think any of them would have worked for basic charging/maintaining.

longputt

Steelhead
I know that there is another thread on this but I cannot find it with my searching. I am about to order
NOCO GENIUS1, 1A Fully-Automatic Smart Charger, 6V and 12V Portable Automotive Car Battery Charger,

My intent is to use it to maintain my camper trailer batteries. My batteries are

Interstate GC2 Deep Cycle Extreme Golf Cart Battery — 6V, 225Ah, Model# GC2-ECL-UTL

I know just enough to know that this charger is a 6V and my batteries are 6V. Will this charger work for my batteries? And does anyone have experience with this NOCO? I don't want to spend a lot of money and this seems to have good reviews.
Thanks in advance to this crew for answers!
Are you using 2 6V to get 12V for for your camper? If so, you can use a 12 volt charger. I use this configuration and the battery life and time to discharge is fantastic.

I should add: Connecting batteries and chargers like this can be dangerous with lead-acid batteries so if you are not sure stop by an RV dealer.

Last edited:

O clarkii lewisi

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Are you using 2 6V to get 12V for for your camper? If so, you can use a 12 volt charger. I use this configuration and the battery life and time to discharge is fantastic.

I should add: Connecting batteries and chargers like this can be dangerous with lead-acid batteries so if you are not sure stop by an RV dealer.
Yep, using 2 6 V batteries to get 12V. Thank you for the reply.

longputt

Steelhead
Yep, using 2 6 V batteries to get 12V. Thank you for the reply.
The 2 6V are fantastic…your camper may already have an AC to 12V DC converter. I am pretty sure if you charge the 6V batteries with a 6V charger you have to completely isolate them and charge them separately.

With the built in 12V charger you do nothing but plug your camper into a 110v AC power and it is all taken care of.

The only thing I found was I needed to add water to the 6V every year…but I got 10+ years on my first set.

O clarkii lewisi

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Thanks LP. Great advice and yes I will isolate and charge. Appreciate the tips! 10 + years, wow you take good care of 'em!

O clarkii lewisi

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I purchased and have used the Noco Genius 1. So far works as expected - works great. It is slow to bring my 6Vs up to a full charge - at least 24 hours but in my case I am not in a hurry just trying to maintain my batteries. 30 bucks for my junior Genius seems like a no brainier to keep my batteries in shape and hopefully extend their lives. Good little product and thanks @Josh and @longputt for the help!!