10ft Echo Ion XL Input

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Given that I now know the Echo Indicator is the same as the Echo Lago, I'm tempted to buy one and never actually use an indicator on it, just to spite @Long_Rod_Silvers. I could even take it a step further and use it exclusively for euro nymphing. Imagine the possibilities. 😍
The ultimate insult would be to use it for tomato stakes...

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yeah that rod is sneaky, and one a lot of people overlook. It's very versatile. I know a lot more people who got them for basically everything BUT one hand spey. @Dustin Chromers can weigh in as he's used it a lot more than most here.

The OHS is quite possibly the most perfectly balanced fishing tool I own. I use it as a small Spey that I can over head. I suppose it could nymph well if you're into such things. I've never used it for that as I don't nymph fish ever. What it does do is throw dry lines and short heads and tips with a surgical precision all while being light in the hand and intuitive. The OHS is an extension of my will and artistry as an angler. I don't think, I just fish. I don't think about what cast, I just project the line where I want with little more effort than using my mind. It's a blissfully fun rod on small and medium rivers or getting micro on big rivers at high flow.

ABITNF

Steelhead
I have two 6 weight 10' Ion rods I use in the BC interior for chironomid fishing. Good price and good rods. Good warranty and repair option as well.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
The OHS is quite possibly the most perfectly balanced fishing tool I own. I use it as a small Spey that I can over head. I suppose it could nymph well if you're into such things. I've never used it for that as I don't nymph fish ever.
If a wasp ever laid eggs in your brain and its larvae started controlling your body (against the inner, still-conscious will of your soul) it would demonstrate that you simply take off whatever tip is on the Wulff ambush etc. on that OHS, loop on an appropriate bobbercator leader with bobber and flies or maybe not even flies, and you’ve got a decent patriot nymphing rig. Imagine looking out as your wasp-larvae-controlled self is slaying chrome on dead drifted junk, suspended under a little floaty thing. It’s a little like Being John Malkovich but worse.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If a wasp ever laid eggs in your brain and its larvae started controlling your body (against the inner, still-conscious will of your soul) it would demonstrate that you simply take off whatever tip is on the Wulff ambush etc. on that OHS, loop on an appropriate bobbercator leader with bobber and flies or maybe not even flies, and you’ve got a decent patriot nymphing rig. Imagine looking out as your wasp-larvae-controlled self is slaying chrome on dead drifted junk, suspended under a little floaty thing. It’s a little like Being John Malkovich but worse.

Nymphing with shot or an indicator is a crime against humanity and should be punished by public flogging for first offense. I honestly think it should be illegal along with side drifting for steelhead. The pain of a mother knowing she raised an indicator fisher must be unbearable. They are the lowest form of life on the river and are to be low holed and beaten when they protest. To even suggest a fine stick like the OHS be used for such things is disgusting to me. That's like saying a fine class hunting rifle would be great for shooting babies and puppies at distance as it would be easy and not messy. Disgusting I say. There are numerous studies on indicator fishers as to their gender, depravity, and basic moral absence. It doesn't look good. If I were in charge there would be concentration camps for indicator fishers and in it only sculpin to catch. If this fantastical wasp you speak of were to infect me with such tendencies I would kill myself as quickly as possible to ensure I did not incubate a further plague upon our rivers and people. There would be no sadness just a sense of duty. Weep for me not. Weep for those too weak to do so and carry this mind virus to gestation and birth.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nymphing with shot or an indicator is a crime against humanity and should be punished by public flogging for first offense. I honestly think it should be illegal along with side drifting for steelhead. The pain of a mother knowing she raised an indicator fisher must be unbearable. They are the lowest form of life on the river and are to be low holed and beaten when they protest. To even suggest a fine stick like the OHS be used for such things is disgusting to me. That's like saying a fine class hunting rifle would be great for shooting babies and puppies at distance as it would be easy and not messy. Disgusting I say. There are numerous studies on indicator fishers as to their gender, depravity, and basic moral absence. It doesn't look good. If I were in charge there would be concentration camps for indicator fishers and in it only sculpin to catch. If this fantastical wasp you speak of were to infect me with such tendencies I would kill myself as quickly as possible to ensure I did not incubate a further plague upon our rivers and people. There would be no sadness just a sense of duty. Weep for me not. Weep for those too weak to do so and carry this mind virus to gestation and birth.
Dustin, Dustin, Dustin
329431876_498307525709311_6173714825810181585_n.jpg

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
It seems like you’re taking this seriously, which is good, so I will share with you that the wasp thing is not that fantastical.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Dustin's reviews remind me of a detailed report and testimony when the Ugly Stix made its debut.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
It seems like you’re taking this seriously, which is good, so I will share with you that the wasp thing is not that fantastical.

I'm aware of brain invading wasps and their parasitic lifestyle. You see I have an interest in the macabre and strange. The only thing fantastical is that it would give me the urge to nymph. To kill, possibly. To do insane things, believable as I probably don't need much of a catalyst being I spend much of my life suppressing strange and bizarre thoughts as to not bring them to action. But nymph, never.

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Reviving this thread. Since I'm leaning to echo ion.

I just hit the buy button on an 8 wt reel, which means I need a pole to go with it.

My natural default is to go with an echo ion 8wt 9'. But all the rods I own (a whopping 2) are echo. Kinda want to taste a new flavor.

A buddy in Ireland swears by jp ross.
This one ticks the boxes I think.

But is it worth the extra 300 bucks (think the obvious answer is no, but fly fishing has no patience for common sense)

Anyone hate jp ross or have anything bad to say about them?