10 Foot Rods

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
I just like the spy trawler look of three rigged-up 10' rods on my fishing kayak....makes the rubes think I know what I'm doing.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Because it’s winter and I’m not fishing or shooting much. Instead, I’m sitting around reading about fishing and shooting and looking at stuff on line. 🤪
For sure! Some of us buy stuff for recreation making it Christmas every week! Watching snow accumulate is not a rewarding activity but buying stuff that you look forward to using soon is. I bought a new 6 wt recently in anticipation of fishing a lake where the fish routinely run 20 + inches and were a handful on a 5 wt last year. A little more leverage will get those monsters to the boat a little easier.
1676318311129.jpeg

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
I spent most of my money on beer, cigarettes, beer, loose women, beer, motorcycles, beer and fishing gear. The rest I just wasted.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I spent most of my money on beer, cigarettes, beer, loose women, beer, motorcycles, beer and fishing gear. The rest I just wasted.
I try to not drink anymore beer than I need, I quit smoking about 30 years ago. I rode a Honda motorcycle for a while but gave it up when I did a wheelie in the middle of an intersection. That was over 50 years ago. After giving up all that shit, I still didn't have anymore money. I just spent it on fishing gear. Now a days I can't afford to waste any money.

Tippet

Smolt
I have used 9 foot 6wt Sage RPLs for sinking lines and a 10 foot 5 wt custom made rod for indicator fishing for over 30 years, fishing lakes 20-30 days per year while working, more after retiring. Two years ago, one of my RPLs finally broke. I bought a couple of Echo Stillwater 10 foot 6 weights to use for my sinking lines. I would never go back to a 9 foot rod for fishing from a pontoon boat or float tube after having fished with the 10 foot rods.

Ronbow

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
For deep chironomid sets, like 18' plus, use #3 Dually 10' 6", now 10 '3". Oops.... Have easily turned over 23' dual flies under indicator. Yes, heavier, but actually with a bit of spey in the set, only cast once, often no back cast. Easily handles fish up to 25". Especially easy if you can stand.
Soft tip easy on fish, strong butt to get 'um in quick and released.