Search results

1. DarrellP

Lake fishing - leashed or unleashed?

I tie down anything in my canoe that I am not holding.
  2. DarrellP

Hopper legs

I just knot two rubber strans and cut off one strand below the knot. When hoppers land in water their legs go out to the side.
  3. DarrellP

What's in your vise?

Foxy Clouser Size 6 straight eye streamer hook. Olive 8/0 Uni thread Med red dumbell eyes Coyote tail belly Red fox tail back Copper Krydtal flash between
  4. 20230614_145855.jpg

20230614_145855.jpg

5. DarrellP

What type line?

Thanks. I appreciate your help. I had noticed the intermediate line Denny used to sell sinks more than advertised. I have caught a lot of fish with it in the past, though.
  6. DarrellP

Change of pace (fishing for bass) 5/10/2023

I cannot even come close with a fly rod to what I do with plastic worms. But nothing compares to a bass exploding on a fly rod popper!
  7. DarrellP

What type line?

I went to Denny Rickard's seminar and bought a sink tip line. I have not had great results so far. I seem to generally do better with my floating line. I do fairly well with an intermediate sinking line. Do you guys switch lines based on season, time of day? I am not sure if this was the...
  8. 20230428_093926.jpg

20230428_093926.jpg

9. DarrellP

What's in your vise?

Briminator soft hackle
  10. DarrellP

What's in your vise?

Hare's ear and pheasant.
  11. 20230428_203255.jpg

20230428_203255.jpg

12. DarrellP

Advise to young guys ( fishing related)

When you can't do as much as you could, do as much as you can. Start your kids early.
  13. DarrellP

What's in your vise?

Norm, you are killing it.
  14. DarrellP

Show off your favorite abandoned-garbage-riverside-homeless-camps of 2022!

Until the addiction crisis is dealt with, there will be a homeless crisis. These are not Okies looking for a job, these are junkies looking for a fix. Some are drunks, and some mentally ill. The largest problem in Portland at least, is drugs. I see people smoking stuff in our parking lot all...
  15. DarrellP

Tube Flies

One tip for the HMH tube gizmo: when I tie on tubes that have a bore that is too narrow for the stem, I use a wire from the Plan D tube box to tie on. It fits in the HMH attachment. Works great.
  16. DarrellP

Avian Flu

I have been looking for loose jungle cock nails and a golden pheasant skin for a while. They are not available. We have had sporadic outbreaks of AI in back yard chickens in Oregon. Not sure that the two are related, though.
  17. DarrellP

Santa was good.

One of my daughters gave me a leather fly wallet as well! Beautiful. I like classic things. Now to give it some patina.
  18. DarrellP

What's in your vise?

Scott, That is a really great fly! Love the deer hair mastery.
  19. DarrellP

Tiny fly challenge.....

I am imptessed. I will be more impressed when you land a fish on one of these.
  20. DarrellP

What's in your vise?

Excellent article! Thanks