Search results

1. W

A few recent ties

My daughter has a teacher who likes to fish, so she asked me to spin up some bugs for her gift her teacher. They just finished a unit on Salmon so I thought I would tie some bugs that would work for my favorite ocean going fish...
  2. W

Newest 5/6 Spey Rod Build

Just sent this rod off to a buddy in Oregon who is starting to get into two handed fishing. He's a big Oregon State fan, and ironically the rod was finished the say the Beavs beat the duck! 11' 5/6
  3. W

Fiberglass Project

Just started a fiberglass project. The reel seat is splattered cherry. Comes from an old Lutheran church. I was originally ordained as a Lutheran pastor, and a colleague gave me the wood. It turned out really nice on this 8' 5wt. More to come when it is finished. Just wanted to share the...
  4. W

Rod Building A different kind of build

It’s not fly related but I thought I’d share. I was asked to build a compact jigging rod that could fit into a fellas kayak storage for sound bottom fishing. No longer than 18” sections. I came up with this fella. Composite ferrule.
  5. W

Morning trip to fav small pond

Quick trip to my fav small pond resulted in one of my best days.
  6. W

FS Couple of Rods (Fiberglass, trout spey, and graphite

Hi all - I am a small custom rod builder (Snoqualmie Rod Co.). I double checked with the admins before making this post. I have a few rods currently available that I'd love to move. I also build bamboo spey rods. If you're interested in any shoot me a DM. Thanks for looking! Wes 1)...
  7. W

Trout Spey bamboo

First post here and thought I’d share my most recent build. 11’ trout Spey bamboo, still settling in on exact grain window